New Roku 3 Box Gets Voice Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNel

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
Roku 2 does not have voice search, even the article states that.

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

What makes me mad is when Roku takes this horrible naming scheme. It's the same as the old iPod Touch naming and I can't stand it. Each version should have their own name and not have to deal with gen X.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
No mention that they removed the A/V connection on the new Roku 2? That's new as well for that model, the last one had composite connections. Could be important for people to know...

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
They have also removed the Wi-Fi direct remote with headphone jack from the Roku 2 model, I can see this causing confusion already for consumers that think they're buying the same "Roku 2" that has been around already.

Adam311835

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
Are these new models released yet? I was just on chat with a Roku customer service representative who had no idea about the voice remote or the upgrade to the Roku 2.

boo radley007

Honorable
May 13, 2014
What the roku needs is a way to bookmark selections within the individual channels and sub channels and save a queue for movies and shows that you find and want to watch later. Being able to pull up specific programs without wading through several levels of menus would enhanced the experience by several orders of magnitude.

Artmustel

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
How do you know, by looking at the box, if it is the updated ROKU 2 or the updated ROKU 3? Do they read anywhere that they are the updated models?

Adam311835

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015

Amazon lists the NEW Roku as being the Roku 3 4230R, my Roku 3 is the 4200X. So it seems like they are different models, but with VERY similar features. I did notice that the new Roku 3 has a slightly different look than mine. The new one looks like it has a matte finish on top where mine is glossy.

Status
Not open for further replies.