New Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch: Can you read email and SMS Messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2018
I have a beautiful brand new Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch. I first paired it with my iPhone 8 Plus and discovered that both the email and the SMS Messaging apps were missing from the Watch. After hours with Samsung Support, they told me that "those functions are not available with iPhone." So, I factory reset and paired it with my Android Blackberry Priv, and the exact same issue: there is no email App on the Watch. And, there is no SMS Text Messaging App on the Watch. The Samsung Support team now says, "those apps are only available when you are using a Samsung Phone."
Before I return this beautiful watch back to Bestbuy, can anyone tell me what's going on here? Tons of thanks for your assistance....

Aug 28, 2018

@Reynod: Thank you for posting, however, you seem to have just posted the URL for the Marketing Site at Samsung. Was there something else that you were intending to say or reference? Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

Aug 28, 2018
@Reynod: Ha! Tons of thanks anyway! I am sure that I am overlooking something somewhere...It just doesn't seem possible that Samsung developed a watch that doesn't support Mail/Messaging (fully) for more than 87% of the Smartphone business (IOS and non-Samsung-Android Smartphones...)
I absolutely love the watch. it is so well done and classy looking, I hate to give up on it! I am not in love with the styling of the Apple Watch as it has become an "they all look the same" device. Thanks again for your post!

I seriously doubt whether you are going to get the Android watch to work properly with the iphone.

In saying that I have a smartwatch that connects to my Samsung and I turned that function off as I got sick of the alerts on my fone.

Then I threw the smart watch away as I got a health app on my fone and it shows the time anyway.

Jan 20, 2019
Hi, I'm also really disappointed that email and samsung pay functionalities are disabled for iPhone users. It seems that @Samsung is not playing fair as this is not clear on any of their Marketing/Sales material related to Galaxy Smartwatch. I do NOT recommend for iPhone users to buy this watch as it turns to be much more a regular watch than a smartwatch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.