New Sony Website Jabs At Microsoft's Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Sony has no rights to say anything, they drug their feet forever releasing the PS3 and they haven't done anything yet to enhance it. So if Microsoft wants to try something new i'm happy for them. I am a PS3 fanboy but i think the Kinect will be a sweet assesory for the crashbox. Go Kinect............

tekk236

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
From what I've been hearing from the recent PAX convention...Move was very sluggish, jerk and unintuitive to play testers. Kinect was much more fluid, though it also nearly resulted in a few people getting knocked out. As with any motion sensing console...someone gets knocked in the face.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Whilst I have the PS3, I am not going to claim anyone is better until we have tried both of them.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
As much as I love my PS3, I hate it when companies outright bash each other. I remember listening to an interview earlier about the Playstation Move where Kevin Butler was criticizing the Wiimote for it's inaccurate motion sensor. How ironic that one would insult someone they were directly copying.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
^^Ditto^^ Both posts above me.

All the mudslinging and hype mean nothing until they're both in the hands of the gamers. I for one think that this could be a cool and important step in the evolution of gaming for both Xbox and PS3, but what are the chances either will be perfect the first try? But its a step forward none the least.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I already have a Wii. Thanks though Sony. At least the Kinect is something new. I'll buy a Kinect for my 360 and if I want to play motion control games I'll do it on my Wii because I'll know the game was actually designed with motion controls in mind.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]qwerty45[/nom]Playstation Move = Glowing dildos. end of story[/citation]
Why is that the end of the story? I thought that was the beginning.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Sony has no rights to say anything, they drug their feet forever releasing the PS3 and they haven't done anything yet to enhance it. So if Microsoft wants to try something new i'm happy for them. I am a PS3 fanboy but i think the Kinect will be a sweet assesory for the crashbox. Go Kinect............[/citation]

Haven't done anything to enhance it? When it first came out it was pretty enhanced. They just keep upgrading the HDD cause there isn't much to enhance. Everything is already snazzzy!

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
They just pissed that the Xbox360 sells more than the PS3 even though the Xbox360 is older.

Also Move is basically a Wii controller. Worse still the Wii Nunchuk has sensor on it so I can use it as a second motion controller, the PlayStation Move navigation controller doesn't. So I need two PlayStation Move motion controllers to play a boxing game for example, four if I want to play against a friend. I also need to buy the Playstation Eye. These reasons makes it more expensive than what Wii is offering, so no thanks.

shinmalothar

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
I like the way that they are completely ignoring the fact that gamers can still use gamepads while being tracked by the kinect cameras, kinect isnt just a new way to interact, it can also be used to enhance gamepad based gameplay.

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
To be fair... it makes sense... Haven't thought about it previously... but how the hell am I gonna play a game on X360 late at night when I need to be quiet and not to disturb anyone in the house? Voice commands? Fail... whole body movement - fail... bright lightness in order to do that? Fail... I really wanted Kinnect... but now... it sort of makes sense not to...

moeswow

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
considering i dont play my games in a cave i think ill get the connect, mainly for the novelty of being able to do voice commands with netflix and my movies. And also, I actually got a chance to test it out at an xbox event out in Santa Monica, and in that demo they had a way to use both kinect and a controller.... i really liked the idea, just seems like they're barely tapping the potential of kinect, where as the wii style motion controller has been tried, and tested and pretty much advanced to its near potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS