New SSD Not allowing Laptop to play any low end games

KrisD415

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
I just replaced my slow HDD in my laptop with an ssd, I redownloaded windows and attempted to play some small games like Cuphead, Broforce, or terraria. Each of them dropped to about 5 fps and completely dragged. I have a Intel i7-7500U, 12gb of ram, and a GeForce 940mx. I just installed a Samsung 860 Evo ssd. I updated all of the graphics drivers and windows itself I just do not know where to go from there. Everything ran before, I was just wondering if I missed something here.

KrisD415

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

I have tried to clone my old HDD to my ssd and it would not allow it to boot the from the copy of windows.

Jan 3, 2019
Did you used Samsung data migration ?
Never had a problem to clone my OS with that program.
Except of course of the time that didn't recognize my 850 evo samsung ssd...as a samsung ssd.

KrisD415

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

I used just that, still wouldn't allow me to boot from it.

KrisD415

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

I did not use the Samsung migration stuff, I used Macrium reflect. I ended up just booting it off a windows thumbdrive. It boots insanely quick, even faster than my PC, It just screws up on graphic intensive things like games and solidworks when it didn't before.

USAFRet

Splendid

What did you clone to, specifically?

KrisD415

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

I cloned my old harddrive to the blank ssd using macrium reflect.

KrisD415

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

I downloaded it to the stick to boot my computer, and it downloaded to my ssd.

KrisD415

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

1.8 seconds. I have 2 2tb hybrid drives on my PC, so I can definitely see that difference.

USAFRet

Splendid
"It fluctuates from 1.8-2.4"

I think we need a much clearer description of exactly what you have and what you did.
Start to finish.

2.4 sec from an actual cold boot is impossible.
Coming out of sleep does not count.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1