New to building. Need help?!?!?!??!?!?

WelshViv

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Hi there. I a new to this forum and also new to pc building. I am looking to build a 3D pc mainly to support 3D Blu-Ray playback. Maybe to plug into a 3D tv or projector in the future. I want a fast computer for web browsing, torrent downloading etc etc. At the moment this is what i have:-

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 4GB Ram x 2
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB HDD
Pioneer BDR S06XLB Optical Drive

Below is a list of other components i was going to buy over the next few weeks (trying to cover the cost over a few weeks):-

Intel I5-2500 Processor
EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 1GB Graphics Card
OCZ StealthxStream 700w PSU

I was wondering if the above would be the best for me to buy for 3D playback? Also is the PSU enough for me to run system?

I really am new to this and would like as much help as possible.

Thanks in advance :)

first of all i hope you mean LEGAL torrent downloading.

before you take one step further you will want to think upon what type of screen you want to use. if 120hz monitors support 3d with active glasses then everything should hook up fine via a dual-dvi cable. if you want 3d on a television you will need to do further research as i'm not sure how this will work out.

WelshViv

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Yes i do mean legal torrent downloads lol i have decided not to go for 3d now as i will use my ps3 for that instead. Will be cheaper for me then :) Thanks for the input though

you'd be suprised how many people expect help with the other kind..

personally i feel 3d is a gimmick and isnt worth the hassle. however if you still need pc advice then you might want to check in the system build area of the forum for alot more responses.