New to digital cameras and heading to Disney World.

Jeffery Viollt

Estimable
May 11, 2015
Last year we went to Disney World and thought taking photos with my cellphone would be sufficient.....and found out I was wrong. We are heading to Disney World again this year and want to avoid making the same mistake. So, I want to buy a decent digital camera but have no idea where to start. Looking to spend about $350-$450. Any suggestions?

Solution
You don't need to spend that much for a decent camera, and actually depending on the cell phone, that camera may be good enough for quality pictures.
We took some great photos even from a moving car with an iPad 4 and iPhone 5 camera.

If you don't have a good cell phone camera handy, for a trip you may want to look into rugged cameras, say you are walking around and sit on the thing, or go for a ride in a water coaster or drop it or get caught in rain. For your price range you can get a good enough camera with rugged features.

Take a look at Olympus TG-2, Panasonic TS5, , Sony Cyber-Shot TX30, Nikon Coolpix AW110 or for a small although also with less quality pics, Pentax WG3/WG3-GPS.

If I was picking, I'd probably go with the...
You don't need to spend that much for a decent camera, and actually depending on the cell phone, that camera may be good enough for quality pictures.
We took some great photos even from a moving car with an iPad 4 and iPhone 5 camera.

If you don't have a good cell phone camera handy, for a trip you may want to look into rugged cameras, say you are walking around and sit on the thing, or go for a ride in a water coaster or drop it or get caught in rain. For your price range you can get a good enough camera with rugged features.

Take a look at Olympus TG-2, Panasonic TS5, , Sony Cyber-Shot TX30, Nikon Coolpix AW110 or for a small although also with less quality pics, Pentax WG3/WG3-GPS.

If I was picking, I'd probably go with the Panasonic, although the Sony is good also for the size but since it's sleeker, it's tougher to handle easily if you are trying to take pics while corralling a bunch of kids around Disney World.

Solution