New Versions of Opera, Google Chrome Released

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]redplanet_returns[/nom]is it just me or does chrome doesn't work for many websites...opera seems to be somewhat better, with firefox being the most compatible with websites (you can even install IETab )[/citation]

Chrome now has extensions which include things like IETab.

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
These articles always turn into a browser fan-war, it's kind of sad. But anyway, having used all the browsers, both desktop and mobile, I confidently know that each browser may be better accustomed to different tastes. Some people need to respect that and stop defending their choice of browser. For me, it's Chrome for the extensions and Opera Mobile for the speed dial bookmark functions. For others, Chrome may be considered a pile of crap, slow, whatever, but live with it, don't go feeling the need to insult and downgrade people for having opinions, differences and a preference better to yours.
All written from Opera Mobile.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The Aero Peek function in the new Opera 10.5 is really cool. Just like Aero Peek will expand all icons it condensed (say you have 5 explorer windows open), Opera 10.5 will expand every open tab in the same manner, allowing you to open the exact Opera Tab you wanted. Its not really a time saver (Opera itself has had Tab peeking since 9.0), just really cool.

I've never felt the need to install Firefox or Chrome. Sure, they are the latest, prettiest, most-sparkly browsers, but when I needed an IE alternative, I switched to Opera some 10 years ago and never felt the need to re-switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.