New vs Refurbished

RazeNCain

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Have never owned any Apple products before but I believe I will be getting an rMBP soon. Going to go to bestbuy and play around with one again before I make up my mind.

My problem is I can either get a brand new 13" rMBP (the $1499 one) or I can get a refurbished 15.4" Retina with the quad core i7 with everything else being the same as the 13" (even price). I will be adding AppleCare to either purchase.

Right now I am leaning towards the refurb but not sure how good Apples refurbs are. Any opinions?

Diox55

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014
I'd say, go for the 15.4". I have heard nothing but positive things about the Apple refurbished products. They typically replace the shell of a laptop and the battery, sometimes along with the keyboard. You get the same warranty as a new item, as well. If you want a 15 inch, then definitely go for it- it'll last you for years! (Believe it or not, I don't own a mac, but I'm leaning towards buying an apple refurb product)

G

Most of the Apple refurbished computers have just been returned, and have not even been turned on. Although Apple says that there may be a slight dent or scratch on the unit.