Newbie wants to build a gaming mini desktop - where to start?

UnorthodoxThing

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I want to build a desktop as small as the alienware's product: http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-alpha-r2-desktop/pd

My aim is to build a mild gaming laptop.

I would purchase a motherboard and build my shell relative to it and what else I might put in.

Here are my shoppinglist (unfinished):
-6th gen i7 (5000 series) processor
-8GB memory
-Window 7
-1 TB or 500 GB
-Nvidia GTX 980 or Nvidia GTX 970 or one of the AMD series equivalently as powerful (but I don't know much about that GPU so any information would help)
- 128 SSD (I dunno what's the diff between the mSATA ones)
-Cooling sytem (any1 know a small and good one?)
-Blu ray Drive (any1 know how to install one?)

What would you consider the defining powerful desktop components to your ideal mini desktop?

Solution
I'm guess you pulled that list from somewhere more than 4 months old as none of it makes any sense anymore.

You want something like. I7 7700k. Z270 mini itx motherboard, and tiny case and cooler. And something I'm the GTX 1070 area for a graphics card.

If you'll throw up a budget I'm sure I or someone around here could actually help make one that makse sense.

Do you need a monitor? Keyboard?mouse?

Included in your listed budget?

What resolution fo you want to game at?

Supahos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I'm guess you pulled that list from somewhere more than 4 months old as none of it makes any sense anymore.

You want something like. I7 7700k. Z270 mini itx motherboard, and tiny case and cooler. And something I'm the GTX 1070 area for a graphics card.

If you'll throw up a budget I'm sure I or someone around here could actually help make one that makse sense.

Do you need a monitor? Keyboard?mouse?

Included in your listed budget?

What resolution fo you want to game at?

Solution