Newly built pc plays pc sounds through speakers.

jvbbb

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
Hi all, desperate dude here.

So I recently built a new PC for producing music (figures huh). Happily I connected everything including my two krk rokits 8 and booted the pc. Immediately I could hear the weird noises coming from my speakers when the became active.

They are not noises you normally hear like windows booting noise or when playing music, but static with high pitches in between. When moving my mouse or doing anything else like opening a program the noise gets worse for about 1-2 seconds before it becomes the previous volume again.

I do hear the pc sounds it supposed to be playing through the static. My headphone, earplugs and other small speaker work fine. Thing is, you may say its the speaker but the rokits work fine on my mobile phone and my laptop.

I tried researching the whole entire internet but theres no solution yet. I really hope you can help me since I now have a useless pc standing here. Yes I tried unpluggin everything from my pc to see if it worked but it did not. Unfortunately..

My setup is in the image + a philips screen.
1VjgG

http://imgur.com/a/1VjgG

jvbbb

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
Thank you for your reply!

The PSU:

Power (watt) 450W
Cert 80 Plus Bronze
Modular Ja (deels)
Type ATX, ATX12V 2.4
Sound 30,5dB
Continues power

Continu
+12V Rails Single
Capaciteit 12V1 rail 37,4A

MSI:
Intel Skylake (sixth gen, socket LGA1151)
Intel B150
2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (x16/x4 modus), 2x PCI-E 3.0 x1
6x USB 3.0, 6x USB 2.0
8-kanaals audio
6x SATA600

I hope this info helped.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014

So far the lack of a brand/model is leading me to believing it. If you don't believe me, PSU experts even talk about things like mouse movements causing noise through speakers.
Stefan Payne
Look at how often the CPU frequency jumps a bit up, when you are typing or just moving the mouse. There are also reports in many forums, that you can hear the mouse moving either in the speakers or some coil whine in the PSU.
Especially with the first gerneartion of DC-DC converters, those things are pretty common. PSUs like Silverstone Zeus 750W and 850W (witch I had one of, but the person who owned it before me thought it might be a good idea to cut the cables inside the PSU)
Source: http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13485