News Corp Launching iPad-only Newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
The problem is the content, not the content platform.

If I didn't feel patronized everytime I look at the news (irrespective of where it is), I would be more willing to consume it. I know a lot of other people (especially Gen-Y's) feel the same way.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Since when is it a good business decision to limit your potential customers? Would Exon Mobile introduce a type of gas that only works in Fords?

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
And they wonder why nobody wants to read the paper....maybe because it's full of crap. So, now they're limited to the few iPad users.

[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Since when is it a good business decision to limit your potential customers? Would Exon Mobile introduce a type of gas that only works in Fords?[/citation]

Well, that wouldn't happen since Ford has a supply contract with BP.....unfortunately, it was signed at the beginning of Fiscal Year 2010.

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
IMO this should be like net neutrality.
It's better for consumers if they can choose their content and their device independently.
As corporations are making things worse for both consumers and competitors (often mutually), I think it's time for regulation.

It should be illegal to actively prevent content working on alternate digital devices.
I'd like to go far far further than just that, but something like that would be a good start.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i'm all for it... a closed media for a closed platform... the izeolots next can move to icompounds where they can live in iparadise (away from the rest of us)

... in reality what a dumb idea, lets take a old failing media, revamp it to sell... but instead of marketing to the masses lets aim for a niche

Status
Not open for further replies.