Solved! Nextbook 10.1 won't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittbak2295

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
OK, I have a notebook 10.1 and first off, I've had problems with the tablet/laptop since I took it out of the box. It over heats and the touchscreen glitches, making it hard to even defrag and tale control back. The tablet has done this repeatedly today so I thought maybe it needed a full drive clean. After fully resetting it starts to reinstall windows and whatever other drives the tablet needs. Somewhere along the load it shut off repeatedly as normal and then didn't come back on. I went to restart it myself after waiting about 20 mins. When it made it to the windows installing page, it said 100%, then shut off. Now it only retarts and ales it to the same page about every 30 seconds. I've had the tablet only 2 months and have never had so many issues. So if you could please help me resolve this,I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Solution
Go back into the StartUp Repair Options and select Advanced then Command Prompt. At the Prompt, type
chkdsk c: /r
to start Windows Checkdisk utility with the /r switch to fix any disk errors it finds.

It will take a long time but it may find and fix bad sectors or clusters of sectors which might be the cause of the system failure.
The only suggestion I can make is to turn it off at the pweor button then back on. After a while it will offer you StartUp Repair options and Reset is my best guess. That said, the overheating issue does entitle you to a refind so if you can contact them and put in a claim, the sooner the better.

Go back into the StartUp Repair Options and select Advanced then Command Prompt. At the Prompt, type
chkdsk c: /r
to start Windows Checkdisk utility with the /r switch to fix any disk errors it finds.

It will take a long time but it may find and fix bad sectors or clusters of sectors which might be the cause of the system failure.

Solution

brittbak2295

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Haha I finally get to the command prompt and it says it needs the password to defaultuser0. What do I do now? I've tried restarting it and resetting it..still the same thing. Still asks for a password when I try to go to the command prompt, startup repair, system image recovery. I'm at a loss at this point.

This is coming close to password issues on which we don't usually adviseb those tablets aren't even much use as doorstops but if you can't find another use for it, reinstall Windows and start again. Make sure you create a local user account and it has Administrative level.

To do that, you need to buy a thumb drive, preferably 128GB and download Windows 10 from Microsoft's website and use a utility named Rufus to combine that download and make the thumb drive bootable.

Boot the tablet with it and install the new Wiindows system.

I appreciate you can't get to the retailer but it would be easier to 'phone them and arrange to send it back by post and have it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.