nextBOOK suddenly can't find SD card

jodysharding

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
I have a nextBOOK tablet running Marshmallow version 6.0.1. I've been using a 32GB SD card since I bought it (less than a year ago.) All of sudden, it can't find the SD card external storage. It will be working fine, then suddenly my playlists have "no songs," can't find books, etc., and can't find the external files under File Manager. After awhile, sometimes after a few reboots, the external storage is back. Sometime later -- minutes, hours or days -- it goes away again. Also, it seems to happen when the tablet is at about half-battery, if that makes any difference. Am I doing something wrong, or is the tablet just broken? I bought this thing at Walmart for about $70.00 and I love it, but I NEED the external storage. It's out of warranty (of course.) Help please!

Solution
It could be a sign that the card is going bad and is going to need replacing, it could be that the port is having issues and is going bad/needs repair, or it could be that there is dust/dirt/debris in the port.

Before anything goes wrong I would suggest backing up the contents of the card to a computer and then try and resolve the issue testing the things mentioned above.
It could be a sign that the card is going bad and is going to need replacing, it could be that the port is having issues and is going bad/needs repair, or it could be that there is dust/dirt/debris in the port.

Before anything goes wrong I would suggest backing up the contents of the card to a computer and then try and resolve the issue testing the things mentioned above.

Solution