Nexus 6p vs Samsung S7 vs LG G5

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
I am looking in to getting a new phone to replace my moto G 2nd gen but i am not sure what to get as they are all great phones and come at a similar price point in my country. What do you recommend on getting?

Solution
The nexus 6p is guaranteed to get at least 3 years of updates, has a slightly better camera compared to the s7 (6p does not have optical stabilization, but does have digital), and has stock android (which would be easier for you to use coming from a moto g.

The S7 is nice if you want to buy into, and stay in, the Samsung ecosystem but does have touchwiz which will make the experience far different from the moto g (but it has gotten considerably better).

You really can't go wrong with either of these phones, all have great battery life. The only difference is features (which you may or may not use (lg g5's module exchange)). Bear in mind that the phones are considerably larger than the moto g, may or may not be a problem...

sandman65

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
The nexus 6p is guaranteed to get at least 3 years of updates, has a slightly better camera compared to the s7 (6p does not have optical stabilization, but does have digital), and has stock android (which would be easier for you to use coming from a moto g.

The S7 is nice if you want to buy into, and stay in, the Samsung ecosystem but does have touchwiz which will make the experience far different from the moto g (but it has gotten considerably better).

You really can't go wrong with either of these phones, all have great battery life. The only difference is features (which you may or may not use (lg g5's module exchange)). Bear in mind that the phones are considerably larger than the moto g, may or may not be a problem for you.

Solution

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

What would you go with Nexus 6p or Samsung s7?

sandman65

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
What would you go with Nexus 6p or Samsung s7?

[/quotemsg]
I went with the 6p because the s7 is slippery, has a home button (which is hard to press on a large phone) and does not have pure Android. The 6p has on screen buttons like the Moto g and a finger print sensor in the same area that the Moto g's dimple is in ( so if is very naturally positioned) it also gets Android updates first which was the main selling point for me(my previous phone was a 2nd Moto x that got updates for less than a year)