Nexus 7 Experiences 135 Percent Increase in Web Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I don't know why people listen to stats spouted by Chitika. A wait that's right because they want to reinforce the "Apple's greatest notion".

Problems with these "facts"
We don't know how they obtained their numbers
We don't know what the numbers are (only a couple of graphs with unexplained numbers to the side)
This is a small company (relatively speaking) so there is a statistical bias in the sample
The company could cater to Apple products, which skews the numbers in Apple's favor
They don't specify how they classify products (what's a tablet)
They don't specify methodology for obtaining data

If you actually see this then the Mods actually missed a comment that is critical of an article (rarely happens I know)

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Thats cause the nexus 7's browser maybe interpreted as a full-fledged desktop by the site,while the ipad is treated as a tablet. Chrome on the nexus 7 is very close to the desktop version.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I can't be the only one tired of seeing market share measured by browser traffic. This introduces tons of variables that can skew the results. It's entirely likely that browsing habits differ greatly between tablets, and certainly between iOS and Android tablets. I know lots of people who use their iPad almost exclusively for browsing the web on the couch, and people who only use Kindles for reading books. I've got a 7" android tablet and an iPad 3. Use both plenty, but never browse the web on the 7" tablet because of the small screen.

Browser share is a truly awful metric to judge market share by. It doesn't capture what you want it to, and introduces too much noise. Just stop it already.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]I can't be the only one tired of seeing market share measured by browser traffic. This introduces tons of variables that can skew the results. It's entirely likely that browsing habits differ greatly between tablets, and certainly between iOS and Android tablets. I know lots of people who use their iPad almost exclusively for browsing the web on the couch, and people who only use Kindles for reading books. I've got a 7" android tablet and an iPad 3. Use both plenty, but never browse the web on the 7" tablet because of the small screen.Browser share is a truly awful metric to judge market share by. It doesn't capture what you want it to, and introduces too much noise. Just stop it already.[/citation]

I know what you mean, we use our iPad 2 almost exclusively for the youtube app. Not sure what that counts towards to.

Status
Not open for further replies.