Nexus One, Droid or iPhone4

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Hello people, I live in Mexico and I'm about to buy a smartphone, so I have are 3 options:

Nexus One: buy it at full price unlocked and then activate it with a nice carrier.

Droid: Buy it with a crappy carrier at subsidized price and the typical 2 year ball&chain.

iPhone4: Get it subsidized with a nice carrier.

I really don't want to buy an iPhone... I just can't stand apple philosophy... but if I look at it seems to be a valid option... hell, it's seems to be my best option (other phones like Droid X, Droid 2 are just not in Mexico at the time) so please help me try to convince my self to take android way, because so far iPhone4 looks like a winner in my situation.

Solution
Yes a 1GHz snapdragon is slower than iPhones A4 chipset(its not anything huge,but its slower)
As for camera,well only having the same mega pixels doesn't count.iPhone takes better pics than both Nexus one and Droid
I have used both iPhone OS(on my iPad) and Android 2(on a non-android phone) and i like both, but i can't judge much for the Android since my mobile(which was Touch Pro2) wasn't meant to run Android.But don't worry about the PC compatibility,either iPhone or Android will work fine.
Hey :)
Well if you really don't want to buy an iPhone, then don't consider it because if you buy it,i don't think you'll be happy with it.
Anyway specs wise,iPhone 4 has the best display and camera between those,also it has the fastest CPU too.
Its not fair to compare iPhone 4 with those phones,an alternative to iPhone 4 would be Samsung Galaxy S

It can be a tough choice, as those are the three top of the line phones out there right now. Is it an option to get your hands on an EVO? I've heard good things about those. You should also look at the apps available for each phone (if that is your thing): the iphone has roughly 100K+, while the others are around the 70K range.

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Hello people, I did a little bit of research and neither Galaxy S nor i9000 are available at the time in Mexico, the only ones are i900l and i800l but both are windows mobile 6.5 phones so they are out. Do you guys really think that a 1GHz snapdragon is slower than underclocked A8 from apple?? also, the iphone might have a better display, but I'm not that sure about the camera, all of them are 5 mpxl isn't it?? Plus froyo is coming soon and the next big update from apple will come a year from now... About the carrier, I think you are right and I just have to rule out Droid for the time being, so it's between Nexus One and iPhone4.
Leaving behind the hardware specs of both phones, are there people here that have used both iPhone OS and Android ?? What do you guys think?? Which is the right one for a PC user/system builder?? (I'm so not buying a mac any time soon)

Yes a 1GHz snapdragon is slower than iPhones A4 chipset(its not anything huge,but its slower)
As for camera,well only having the same mega pixels doesn't count.iPhone takes better pics than both Nexus one and Droid
I have used both iPhone OS(on my iPad) and Android 2(on a non-android phone) and i like both, but i can't judge much for the Android since my mobile(which was Touch Pro2) wasn't meant to run Android.But don't worry about the PC compatibility,either iPhone or Android will work fine.

Solution