Nexus Prime Moved to Hong Kong, Unveiling on 19th?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I didn't say the revenue meant the stock price was high, I said the stock price indicated Apple being a more valuable company, despite it having revenue 8 times less, it is flabergasting that the stock value of Apple is so high when it takes so much less money.Based on share price people are saying Apple is the biggest tech company in the world when it clearly isn't.So they have 90% of the tablet market, so what? Share price is an artificial representation based on lots of factors that can be manipluated outside of the company. Samsung is a bigger company full stop, it has more products, more staff, more money, more revenue, more profit.Sure you can say Samsung is on the decline and Apple is on the way up, but come back when they have overtaken and not before.Have Samsung got the capability to go toe to toe in Apple markets? You damn right it does.Does Apple have the capability to go toe to toe in Samsung markets? Not a chance, in some of its markets Apple doesn't even have a presence.[/citation]

'Flabergasting' to someone who clearly doesn't have any of the expertise of people who actually invest in the stock market. Logical and obvious to the rest of us with brains. A bigger company more profitable company. A bigger company more valuable company. A bigger company more technologically advanced company. It means nothing.

Does Samsung have the capability to go toe to toe in Apple markets? Apparently not? They're having to make exponentially less profit on each unit yet are still selling fewer than Apple, and what's more their products are being withdrawn from sale due to patent infringement?

As for markets that Apple isn't in, and Samsung is - Who's to say whether Apple could compete or not, we don't know, we certainly can't rule it out, but who cares about that? I again bring you back to the actual reason this conversation started - you tend to lose all context mid-way through your irrelevant rambles. Smart Phones. I don't care if Apple is in the Television production market when I buy a smart phone. Nobody does. Except you, apparently, but I guess that's largely due to the many-a-time aforementioned lack of logic you seem to have.

Bless.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
one of the biggest tech* companies in the world,

and :

A bigger company IS NOT a more profitable company. A bigger company IS NOT a more valuable company. A bigger company IS NOT a more technologically advanced company

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]In this quote, you yourself admit that your comment has nothing to do with smart phones specifically, and instead what you say is 'I dont care if the iPhone 4S is better than the Samsung Galaxy S2[/citation]
Actually that is not what I said, where did I say that the SGS2 is better than the iPhone 4S?
I didn't. See that's the problem with you, you read one thing and think something else.
Then you open your mouth and say something that is a direct misquote, misrepresentation, or an out and out lie.
But seeing as we are on the subject, the SGS2 should be compared against the iPhone 4, and the Nexus Prime (the subject of the thread) is the one that is compared against the iPhone 4S.
The Prime is not a knee-jerk reaction to the 4S, as if the marketing team at Samsung saw the Apple product and panicked into releasing the Prime with 2 weeks notice, they have had this product in development for a while and the 2 are only a couple of weeks apart and unless you prefer smaller screens it is clearly a better product.
I think maybe calling all of Samsung to compare against Apple may have been premature, perhaps I should have only used Samsung Electronics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Electronics
They are more alike now, Samsung makes 13.6bn profit, Apple makes 14.1bn profit, but Samsung still does double the revenue at 133bn. I am very aware that means Apple make more profit per dollar and that is not due to having a higher markup on the hardwear, it is all down to iTunes & App Store.
So let's stop the irrelevant rambles. Smart Phones. You don't care if Apple is in the Television production market when I buy a smart phone. And neither should you. But you are quite happy to spend money on an inferior product because you are an Apple fanboi.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually that is not what I said, where did I say that the SGS2 is better than the iPhone 4S?I didn't. See that's the problem with you, you read one thing and think something else.Then you open your mouth and say something that is a direct misquote, misrepresentation, or an out and out lie...[/citation]

I'm glad we agree that you agree with me that the SGS2 isn't better than the iPhone4. Whether you deny claiming it is or not.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]But seeing as we are on the subject, the SGS2 should be compared against the iPhone 4, and the Nexus Prime (the subject of the thread) is the one that is compared against the iPhone 4S....[/citation]

No, the SGS2 came out in the UK on October 2, 2011, way over a YEAR after the iPhone4. The release is FAR closer to the release of the iPhone 4S than the iPhone 4. But more than that, the release time is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, the rest of us with brains are simply comparing ALL AVAILABLE PHONES. The 'Nexus Prime' is not on that list.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The Prime is not a knee-jerk reaction to the 4S, as if the marketing team at Samsung saw the Apple product and panicked into releasing the Prime with 2 weeks notice, they have had this product in development for a while and the 2 are only a couple of weeks apart and unless you prefer smaller screens it is clearly a better product....[/citation]

I wonder if you can honestly try to claim a phone which doesn't even exist yet in the public domain, and certainly for which we have no definite specifications, and which you have never even seen a photo of all of it, let alone actually used it, and have not carried out any tests on it whatsoever, is better than ANYTHING, let alone the current fastest CPU/GPU in the market right now. That's dumb, even for you.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]
I think maybe calling all of Samsung to compare against Apple may have been premature, perhaps I should have only used Samsung Electronicshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_ElectronicsThey are more alike now, Samsung makes 13.6bn profit, Apple makes 14.1bn profit, but Samsung still does double the revenue at 133bn. I am very aware that means Apple make more profit per dollar and that is not due to having a higher markup on the hardwear, it is all down to iTunes & App Store....So let's stop the irrelevant rambles.[/citation]

So we established that Apple makes more profit, in absolute terms, not just more profit per revenue, but more profit in absolute terms. You say Apple makes money on iTunes, but Samsung Electronics covers a whole range of laptops, tv's, Apple makes far more money on smart phones.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Smart Phones. You don't care if Apple is in the Television production market when I buy a smart phone. And neither should you. But you are quite happy to spend money on an inferior product because you are an Apple fanboi.[/citation]

You say inferior, the benchmarks, apps, customer reviews and sales say superior.

You say Apple fanboi, I say logical consumer.

We both agree you're an irrationally Apple hating guy with issues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.