'Nexus Prime' to Be Ice Cream Sandwich Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
These specs are extremely sexy. I'd jizz my eyes all over AMOLED HD display playing 1080p video. But you know what? iPhone 5 will outsell it despite it having inferior specs and being more expensive because, lets face it, the sheep have too much wool and feel that they need to be sheared. And they will line up for miles for this 'service'.

chunkystyler

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
should start with a J! jelly something!
it's been in alphabetical order so far:
cupcake, donut, eclair, froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb, ICE cream sandwich!

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
[citation][nom]chunkystyler[/nom]should start with a J! jelly something!it's been in alphabetical order so far:cupcake, donut, eclair, froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb, ICE cream sandwich![/citation]

Hmm, Jello?

G

The next Android release will likely be Jelly Donut, look at all the release names, they're alphabetical

rflynn88

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]These specs are extremely sexy. I'd jizz my eyes all over AMOLED HD display playing 1080p video. But you know what? iPhone 5 will outsell it despite it having inferior specs and being more expensive because, lets face it, the sheep have too much wool and feel that they need to be sheared. And they will line up for miles for this 'service'.[/citation]

Don't get me wrong, there are way too many people who buy the iphone because its "changing everything again" and they cant see past the golden apple walls. However, did you ever think that some iphone buyers are intelligent, technically inclined people who simply prefer the phone to the android options? I have an iphone 4. It's jailbroken, allowing me to modify it and set it up how I please. I like the ios interface for smartphone tasks, and it has a great camera and build quality. It's plenty fast for web surfing and shooting off emails, and I live in NJ where ATT's 3G service is pretty decent. I totally understand the appeal of android, however for me, I'm very happy with my iphone. I dont own a mac or an ipad, and dont plan to. I'm just saying that there are people who buy the iphone because that particular device does what they want it to do, and it does it very well. These people don't all go out an buy everything with an apple logo on it because lord jobs said to do it. It'd be nice to read an article about an android phone or a new iphone rumor and not see over 9000 posts of; "ZOMG F**K THE APPLETARD SHEEPS, LORD JOBS THIS, AND ANDROID IS AMAZING THAT!" We all know way too many people buy apple products for the logo, perhaps we can discuss the merits of this phone in the article, rather than apple bashing, or any other bashing for that matter.

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I'd be surprised if the next version is not called "Jelly bean".

On topic, 5MP camera? They should be putting an 8MP in it. With great picture quality. I want my1080p 60fps video recording!!

Also, I thought we're going to see quad core phones coming out end of this year?? It ain't hardcore until it's a hexa-core!

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]rflynn88[/nom]However, did you ever think that some iphone buyers are intelligent, technically inclined people who simply prefer the phone to the android options?[/citation]

Yes, they all would like to think so.
Just kidding, I agree, with the two of you.
I kid again. Seriously though, my friends with Apple products think they're cool, and when I asked them "Why do you buy Apple?" All of them replied, more or less to the tune of, "It's Apple, it's cool!"

You're in the minority of the minority there buddy. People I know buy Apple products because it's trendy, and they don't have to take control because they don't know how to. Everything is set up for them, and if not they can always pay a small fee for an app that may or may not be helpful.

tomrippity02

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]asdf634[/nom] People I know buy Apple products because it's trendy, and they don't have to take control because they don't know how to. Everything is set up for them, and if not they can always pay a small fee for an app that may or may not be helpful.[/citation]

Agree'd. My girlfriend is looking at new laptops and is leaning towards Apple. When I asked why she said it was because all of the other laptops are ugly. She is a very intelligent girl, but this is proof once again that way to many people care way to much about looks and a brand, and they are willing to pay tons for both.

On another note, when I took her to the store to actually look at laptops, she didn't find the usability of the Apple laptops all that great... she actually admitted to liking one of the Dell laptops better.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]These specs are extremely sexy. I'd jizz my eyes all over AMOLED HD display playing 1080p video. But you know what? iPhone 5 will outsell it despite it having inferior specs and being more expensive because, lets face it, the sheep have too much wool and feel that they need to be sheared. And they will line up for miles for this 'service'.[/citation]

Maybe if Android phone's had the same kind of software support that Apple did it'd be a different story. So my recommendation would be for Android to pay $$ to developers to make softwares for Android so it can become a success.

mcqsoft

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
I think the important thing, even a phone remains his ability to communicate people. Everything else is incidental.
Okay, some will say it is very basic but what I say essentially the technological toys are just that. And if I also like that increasingly more powerful and full of new features because it satisfies our inner child

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]asdf634[/nom]On topic, 5MP camera? They should be putting an 8MP in it. With great picture quality. I want my1080p 60fps video recording!![/citation]

Stop drinking the coolaid and being sold by the greater # of megapixels a cell phone camera can shoot at! It always boggles my mind how people are sold by these numbers. Because of physical limitations of the optics even 5MP is too much on a cell phone. If they've done good and optimized the hell out of the camera I'd be thrilled with a phone camera that can shoot at 5MP and come close to quality of a handheld @ 8MP.

It's about high time that some website like Tom's or Anand ran a proper article about cell phone cameras and the limitations associated with them.

And btw 5MP is plenty to record 1080. A single 5 MP frame is normally 2592x1944. A regular 1080 frame is about 2MP.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Yes buy the iPhone because "It just works." Like when you dial someone then touch it to your head it mutes the phone because the sensors sucks. And when you "hold it wrong" it hangs up / looses all signal. Or when you press the button to take a picture, and 15 seconds later you hear the click. That's what I call "Magical."

All kidding aside every phone has its flaws. Apple has done its best to overshadow flaws in its devices (and they all had them) with easy to use software, a polished beautiful exterior, and incredible marketing. And for the most part been successful.

Android device manufacturer's have not been as proactive in the advertising department, or the software department and this has caused them a lot of grief. If every manufacturer used stock android, most of their worries would be gone.

Hopefully Google will confirm some solid details about this phone in the near future, as this will most likely be what I replace my Nexus One with.

lolyumadbro

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Only thing keeping me from going to Android is the fact that the user experience degrades over time. It starts to lag a little more every day and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Yeah they can mask it with 1.5ghz dual core CPU's, but that only delays the inevitable.

Once they fix this, then i will hand in my iPhone for a top of the line Android device.

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Niva[/nom]Stop drinking the coolaid and being sold by the greater # of megapixels a cell phone camera can shoot at! [/citation]

I do understand that great pixel count != great image quality. That's why I added "With great image quality". I said they should put in an 8MP purely because by the time it ships 8MP should pretty much be the common spec for smart/super phones, so a brand new flagship from Google that boasts a 5MP ain't gonna sound too good when the competitions - and possibly the iPhone 5 - all have 8MP.

RobinPanties

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
[citation][nom]chunkystyler[/nom]should start with a J! jelly something!it's been in alphabetical order so far:cupcake, donut, eclair, froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb, ICE cream sandwich![/citation]
jPhone?

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]So..........What's Android 5.0 gonna be?Vanilla fudge? Chocolate Sundae?or some other desert I dont know of?Latka ?[/citation]

Strawberry Shortcake

Status
Not open for further replies.