Nexus Q: Google's Other New Gadget at Google I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Wow, sticker shock! Three times more expensive than I thought it could be for a TV and music clould based streamer. Nice design though, and would consider at $99 if it played well with my Apple and PC products.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
[citation][nom]omega21xx[/nom]So, (Google TV) - (TV/screen) x (3 times the cost) = Q?[/citation]
I think your order of operations is a little off...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Hmm... Expensive toy. Not sure it has any real purpose. I'd rather have a portable sound system that can stream via Bluetooth. Perhaps such a product already exists though, I've never searched for one.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
At first I was confused about this device, but now I kinda get it. Essentially allows you to use your phone/tablet as the "remote control" for your media listening/viewing.

So...why not just get the Vizio Co-Star for $99?

Difference only being powered speaker output? And not needing a display just to listen to music?

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
The Design is awesome, but price is rather high. I'll stick with my HTPC for the time being until it breaks. By that point something like this will hopefully cost something more reasonable (about 100-150 imo).

skidawgz

Honorable
May 28, 2012
The Device literally has the ability to connect everything. Its a bit too versatile, which drives up the price is all. I've really been waiting for something to be similar (but more) than Apple TV

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]I think your order of operations is a little off...[/citation]

Originally I was just typing a sentence, rather than format and fix it I just deleted stuff and added in symbols. Sorry, I should have had coffee first before posting on the internet. You understand what I meant though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.