Nikon D3300 DSLR

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
Hiya, I'm looking into buying the Nikon D3300 and have a few questions to ask about the camera.
1. Will it be good for vlogging?
2. Does the screen flip out and rotate so I can see myself whilst recording? (if it doesn't is there some way i can make it)
3. and will it be good for all round photography.

All answers are much appreciated, Ajsski99.

Solution

dexxterlab97

Respectable
Jul 4, 2016
The screen doesn't flip and there is no way you can make it (technically you can with bunch of mirrors but really)
It can record at FHD @ 60fps so not bad for doing videos and Nikon is a good camera so everything is good except for no2

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

damn the no flip screen kinda sucks. is there a similar camera at the d3300's price point that has a flip screen?

GarryH_Geek

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
All flip-screen models of Canon and Nikon are in the bigger price group, anyway!

I think if the flip-screen is your principal requirement, you can try some micro4/3 at the same price tag and video quality.

Best regards!

Hello man

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

I'm a avid Nikon fanboy and user. I love their cameras. Like many Nikon users, and as a user of many other cameras, I realize Nikon lags behind in video. Their autofocus in live view mode is vastly inferior to that of modern Canon cameras, and they have to be in live view to shoot video. If you aren't familiar with DSLRs, live view means the back screen is displaying the image from the sensor. Mirrorless and SLT cameras with transparent mirrors have the advantage there-they have systems optimized to focus during video recording and electronic viewfinders that mean you can use them in a variety of situations. When a DSLR is in live view, you can't see through the viewfinder.

These are just things to consider. If they don't matter to you, the D3300 is a great camera. The EOS T3i is the cheapest Canon camera I could recommend with a tilty-flippy screen. The T5i is the cheapest camera from Canon currently produced with the flippy screen. It's almost 800 bucks though.

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

i think i am definately going to go for the d3300. At Jessops where i am buying it from there is a great deal going for the D3300; the camera itself, 3 year complete insurance, a tamron macro lens with 5 year insurance all for £400. pretty good deal i think.

Hello man

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

Nice, that is a pretty good deal actually. Most manufacturers lock in the price so to find much off of anything is a bit lucky. I certainly can't find many discounts on the pro level stuff. If your vlogging really gets going you could always invest in an external monitor, which would let you view the cameras output from any angle! You can find cheap ones on eBay or Amazon. I can't attest to the quality though.

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

Thanks for all your help, could you check out my other unanswered question?

Hello man

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

Sure thing, where is it? I can't seem to find it.

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3134415/vlogging-equipment-trip-berlin.html

Solution