Nintendo: Our DSi is not an iPod Competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I have a little camcorder, smaller than my closed fist. It can play MP3s, maybe its an iPod competitor?

I have a digital camera... it can play MP3s, maybe its an iPod competitor?

I have a cheap ass Verizon cell phone... that can play MP3s. Maybe its an iPod competitor?

I have a fucking USB thumb drive I payed an extra 5 bucks for that doubles as a MP3 player.

The PSP's a nice MP3 and Video player if you just add a cheap memory card... Is it an iPod competitor?

I don't know, maybe its just me, but... I don't see any shortage of devices that play MP3s. Frankly, I just think the people that use iPods are too stupid to learn how to manage music without iTunes.

Tekkamanraiden

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]... just think the people that use iPods are too stupid to learn how to manage music without iTunes.[/citation]

I so agree.

JimmyJimmington

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
wifi + web browser + custom apps like ebook readers. This is an iPod touch with a new interface, expandable memory, and much better hardware. Oh yeah, it's also cheaper.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Or Maybe people that use iPods and iTunes just like the convenience of it, did that ever occur to you, I honestly have no interest in this new DS, my DS Lite and my old 3rd gen ipod serve all my needs in that department.

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom] Frankly, I just think the people that use iPods are too stupid to learn how to manage music without iTunes.[/citation]
yeah, one THUMBS UP for you, but come on, ipods are stylish! I hate iTunes too! because of it's bad music managing and bad performance on windows!
still i miss my old creative mp3 player!

captaincharisma

Distinguished
the DS is far from an Ipod competitor i have used my DS light as an MP# player before and its just too big and clunky for it to move around with. was happy when i replaced it with an ipod nano and use a mix of mediamonkey and winamp to manage music on it instead of polluting my system with itunes and quicktime

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I feel like posting this here because it has no place being here, but did anyone else notice that Apple gets 3 "news" articles (not counting this one) about the new desktops and mac mini, but Windows can come out with 10000 versions of Windows and won't ever get 3 articles about its official release. THG smells...

And yes, I was very happy to post off-topic!

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
My GPS has an MP3 player too, that must make it an iPhone competitor. People will buy the DSi for games first, everything else second. Most people buy the iPod for the "look at me" factor, everything else second.

I wouldn't say all iPod users are stupid, but Apple customers tend not to be the most technically capable bunch for sure. I mean, people always say you should get a Mac because its so easy to use. Maybe easy to use isn't the only reason to buy technology, maybe function has something to do with it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.