Solved! no antenna tv option in sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2018
I have a Samsung UN50NU7100FXZA with a co-axial input and an RCA digital antenna with co-axial output. I have the antenna plugged into the TV but when I select source I don't see a co-ax option and none of the "apps" on the bottom of the screen appear to be for antenna TV. What should I do?

Solution
If the TV doesn't detect a source it might not show that as a selectable option, so scan for channels. Your remote should have a menu button on it. You could also try looking in the manual. If you can't find the manual either, then maybe exchange the smart tv for something less smart.

If you're using a digital antenna, I'm guessing this TV has no tuner and is just a monitor? And if said digital antenna is plugged into RCA ports, you'd select that video source instead and not "TV" as that would refer to coax. But, I'm unaware if any digital antenna has RCA connectors.

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
If the TV doesn't detect a source it might not show that as a selectable option, so scan for channels. Your remote should have a menu button on it. You could also try looking in the manual. If you can't find the manual either, then maybe exchange the smart tv for something less smart.

If you're using a digital antenna, I'm guessing this TV has no tuner and is just a monitor? And if said digital antenna is plugged into RCA ports, you'd select that video source instead and not "TV" as that would refer to coax. But, I'm unaware if any digital antenna has RCA connectors.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.