Question No antivirus to browse dark web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2019
So I’ve always been interested in getting into the dark web but my antivirus ran out in my laptop until I actually buy it some time whenever. Would I be okay just browsing the dark web without it even with just tor?

Apr 8, 2019
There are 3-4-5 good free anti-virus programs you can use. Before you start getting into shady online areas you really should learn a bit more about computer security and about those free anti virus products through research.
any antivirus recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
You could just use a VPN on a host and pass that Network connection through to a Virtual Machine (that you can throw away) using NAT and the Tor browser inside the VM?

If you don't go trying to download the crap out of everything you find there and opening it on your host machine then you should be reasonably safe ... it's reasonably difficult to escape a VM (although it can be done).

My advice - watch your scary deep/dank/dark web videos of aliens doing their usual probing jobs on their unsuspecting human experiment through a VM ONLY (and anything else you do there for that matter).

One more quick suggestion and probably even a better one than the previously mentioned ... investigate for yourself Whonix and setting up the Whonix Gateway (again in VM's).

Good luck and may Bigfoot and all his mates be with you

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl_Harbor
Status
Not open for further replies.