No audio after speaker had a loud pop sound

mephistomun

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Hi fellas, I purchased a pair of Mackie CR4 BT monitoring speakers like 2 weeks ago and they sound just superb.

But half an hour ago, my speaker just had a very loud short and quick POP sound and it was not playing out any audio eventho it was turned on. I have tried switched to different electric ports, flicked the switch on and off, tried switching the source from Bluetooth, but no luck. Anyone could tell me what could possibly happened to my speakers?

Solution
I am aware of an issue with the headphone jack on this model. Solder pins 4 & 5 of CN33 on the top of the board to restore sound. The headphone jack will not cut out the sound any more. You can try and get a headphone jack but this may be difficult. These are the middle pins so count from either end of the connector. Take care not to solder anything else. This connector is closest to the back panel. This will only work on the CR4 reference speaker.

benchmagic

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
I am aware of an issue with the headphone jack on this model. Solder pins 4 & 5 of CN33 on the top of the board to restore sound. The headphone jack will not cut out the sound any more. You can try and get a headphone jack but this may be difficult. These are the middle pins so count from either end of the connector. Take care not to solder anything else. This connector is closest to the back panel. This will only work on the CR4 reference speaker.

Solution