No bass in right floor speaker

Lynild

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
So I just got my brothers speakers yesterday, and as far as I know of they have been working with no problems.
I then come home, set it up, and boom, nice sound from the left speaker, but only treble from the right speaker.
I have some Dali Ikon 6 MK2 connected to a NAD C372. So here shouldn't be any subwoofer interference problems here. I think I have connected them the right way. Left speaker in the left channel on speaker A, and right speaker in the right channel of speaker A. I would also argue that the wires are correctly connected, i.e. the right phase. However, there is still no bass in the right speaker. And I find it really odd that both bass membranes should have died in the same speaker.

I'm currently connection the amplifier with my comouter/phone from the AUX phono output to one mini jack (phono to mini jack connector).

Do anyone have a clue of what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Your speakers may have biwire terminals. There would be four terminals on each speaker.
One pair red/black for the woofers and another pair red/black for the tweeter. When you use them with two conductor speaker cable there has to be a connection between the two red terminals and another between the two blacks. Usually its a metal plate or jumper.
If the speaker wire is connected to the top tweeter terminals and one of the red to red or black to black connections is loose or missing the woofers won't work.
The crossover and internal wiring are not likely to be the problem in a relatively new speaker.
The only way to get into the cabinet is to remove the woofers.

Lynild

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

Hmmm, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to open the entire cabinet ?
There are screws for each of the bass units, but that pretty much seem like the only place to actually "open up" anything.

Well....if your speakers don't have a removable back...just take one or both of the woofers out of the front and look around in there. Usually it's 4 screws. Then the speaker will come out. Although it will be held by the wires going to it. If they are short you won't be able to see well inside the cabinet, so if that's the case take the wires off at the speaker. They are usually connected with clips. Make sure you put them back on the same way.

From what you say....it almost has to be a disconnected wire. The only other thing would be a blown crossover....which I think would be more rare....or both speakers are shot which I think would be super rare.

Your speakers may have biwire terminals. There would be four terminals on each speaker.
One pair red/black for the woofers and another pair red/black for the tweeter. When you use them with two conductor speaker cable there has to be a connection between the two red terminals and another between the two blacks. Usually its a metal plate or jumper.
If the speaker wire is connected to the top tweeter terminals and one of the red to red or black to black connections is loose or missing the woofers won't work.
The crossover and internal wiring are not likely to be the problem in a relatively new speaker.
The only way to get into the cabinet is to remove the woofers.

Solution