no boot device press any key to reboot

lbliss

Estimable
May 28, 2015
I have a black screen and it tells me no boot device and to press any key to reboot. But when I press any key, it tries to reboot and then goes back to the same black screen. What do I need to do? I have a dell computer and I just got it for Christmas.

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Go into your bios, locate the sata configuration press enter and set it to AHCI mode
Go to the boot tab and set your hard drive to the first boot device (using the - or + keys)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 7
I Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 6
I Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 20
K Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 8
H Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Insert boot device and press any key
It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Media test failure check cable no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
ATM machine showing " reboot and select proper boot device and press a key"
Stuck on Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot device and press a key BUT SSD ok?
HP Stream 14" Laptop - No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
What if it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
My laptop tells me to reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media and press a key ,I do it and it repeats the sa
No boot device found press any key to reboot
"Reboot and select proper or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
Need Assistance :- No boot device found press any key to reboot
Reboot and select proper boot devie or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
I open up my laptop and turn it on and it just keeps saying "reboot and select proper boot device and press a key" but there i
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key"
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key."??
Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key
No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine_

ASK THE COMMUNITY