no display after driver installation

neilrafael

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015
i updated a display driver for toshiba satellite L650 with windows 8.1, the driver i downloaded from toshiba site. after installing, i restarted my laptop but it remind blank but the indicator lamps are flickering and it seems it is booting without the screen... i tried to connect to an external monitor but the monitor is showing "d sub, power save mode". Please help

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may resolve that issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it back up.
- If it does show the Toshiba logo before it goes into a black screen try loading it in Safe Mode and see if will load.
- From power off, turn it back on and start tapping on F8 key repeatedly until it shows the Advance Boot Option screen.
- Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Once loaded into your desktop go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver and reboot the laptop and it should load to your normal screen then install the display driver again from the Toshiba Support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2920095

neilrafael

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

Good morning sir, thanks for your response :)
The toshiba logo did not show, but it seems that it is booting because the processing indicator lamp is flickering like normal start up but the screen reminds blank... i also tried to remove and clean the RAM, and even remove the HDD... :(

neilrafael

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

i tried that option, hitting fn+F5 to change to external monitor but still, nothings happen...

neilrafael

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

i am not sure if the sound was disabled but windows 8.1 was freshly installed. Now i don't hear any sound just the flickering of the led indicators... it seems booting without display...