No home theater sound when streaming anything from Amazon

Mackz12

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
I have a Panasonic TC-P55ST60 plasma television connected to a Panasonic SA-BTT195/196 Blu-ray Home Theater Sound System. I get sound from the sound system on everything I try, YouTube, Netflix, Rhapsody, Pandora, TuneIn, etc., but only sound from the television speakers on anything I stream from Amazon. Have contacted Amazon multiple times, and they have acknowledged a "Panisonic" problem with their streaming service. Talked to them (Amazon) today and they suggested I try an optical cable. I questioned them, and the question I have is; If everything but Amazon already works through the home theater system, what difference will adding an optical cable make ? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Michael

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

The audio processing is handled differently for HDMI and optical. HDMI also utilizes the audio return channel, and is capable of higher quality processing. Since the audio is not being processed via HDMI using the Amazon app, trying via Toslink (optical cable) is a logical step in resolving the problem. You can also try a different audio encoding method in the TV or app if available.

robertak77

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Tried an optical cable into a Sennheiser headset. Same result. When I use the Amazon app on the Samsung 630D, I get no sound. When I use the Amazon Fire device, the sound works perfectly. Any other suggestions?