No iPads Allowed At Yankee Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

glawk

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
Umm... what the HELL do you need an iPad at a baseball game for? You should be there to watch, ya know, BASEBALL!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Now I remember more reasons why I do not go to sporting events any more or support them in any way. This goes for buying clothes that is nothing more than a walking advertisement for them, Nike is the most known.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]^^^ +1000Epic WIN commentWhat kind of sad loser goes to a ball game and spends their time on a laptop or surfing their iPadWATCH THE GAME![/citation]
No plastic bottles is too far, it's so you go buy a $4 drink at their shop. As bad as the movie theaters.

Kadoka

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Sounds like they put all the pissed off boarder gaurds on security there; no jerseys supporting the other teams, no fun, just you and the park.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]No plastic bottles is too far, it's so you go buy a $4 drink at their shop. As bad as the movie theaters.[/citation]

$4.00 my ass. Maybe for water. Last time I went to a game is was $10.00 for a beer.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]No plastic bottles is too far, it's so you go buy a $4 drink at their shop. As bad as the movie theaters.[/citation]
...That's the point. They make their money with that stuff

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]Land of the free huh?[/citation]
[nom]Eccentric909[/nom]Private Property != Public Property[/citation]

Just to further explain myself, you'd have had a point if Yankee stadium was owned by the US or NY State government, however it's not.

miribus

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
They need the iPad to go online figure out the rules, and players, of the game they just paid top dollar to see.
Maybe that's more Fenway thing cause I'm there a lot, but damned if I don't see fewer and fewer fans at these games than hipsters wanting to be seen in a place they know is popular but don't know why.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]glawk[/nom]Umm... what the HELL do you need an iPad at a baseball game for? You should be there to watch, ya know, BASEBALL![/citation]

U know why, Cuz Apple zealots are losers. They have to carry everything from Apple with them at all times. well ... as long as its "carry-able" like iPad, iPod, iPhone, iShit ... ooops

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I'm guessing all the people that say using an iPad or laptop at a baseball game, professing it goes against the pure sport, probably know nothing about the sport.

Baseball games are slow, and if you follow it, it's nice to have stats available. In fact, you can watch a baseball game, every pitch, and still find utility in a device with internet access.

For example, you can watch a replay of things worth seeing, if you have access to the TV coverage (which is normally easy to get). You can look up stats quickly. If you see a number on the back of an opposing player you're not familiar with, you can look up who he is, and his stats. If you see guys warming up in the bullpen, you can see who they are, and their stats against right handed and left handed batters to get a better idea of when to expect them to be used.

The point is, if you're really involved in the game, having the information on the internet available can make it more enjoyable and increase involvement, not decrease it. What makes baseball so fun, or boring depending upon one's outlook, is the slow pace of the game. You can see every pitch and still do other things. It's not basketball.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Looks like they're missing a great opportunity. Imagine a Yankee Stadium App. Batter's up, and boom, on your tablet you're seeing all their stats, especially against this pitcher. Swing and a miss, boom, you get that still frame image outlining the strike zone and where the ball was when it crossed over the plate. The list of potential features goes on and on. You'd have the best of both worlds, the excitement and atmosphere of being at the game, and the techno-features of watching it on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.