No left audio channel. Only right side but plays in both headphones.

ICantThinkOfAName

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
I have audio in both headphones, but when i go to split/separate the sound using "main volume" in Realtek HD Audio Manager I doesn't work as it should. When I move the slider to the right, the audio stays the same. When I move it to the left, the sound fades in both headphones as if just turning down the volume.

The sound divider / separator / splitter or whatever it's called, works when I plug my headphones directly into the PC.

I am using new speakers. Actually the cheapest I could find on Ebay... The speakers are definitely the problem. Does anyone know of any similar problems being solved?

Thank you.

Solution
The different parts of your headphone jack carry the left, right, and ground signals.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-procedure-to-connect-the-headphones-in-a-breadboard

Unfortunately, some cheaper jacks (or sockets) aren't made the the correct spec. Proper right/left sound requires the metal part of the jack carrying the left signal contact only the metal part of the socket carrying the left signal, right to right, and ground to ground. If the jack doesn't go in far enough or goes in too far (or the socket is too shallow/deep), ground ends up contacting the right and shorting it out. The left signal gets put on both right and left channels. Consequently, you hear the left channel on both sides.

So try pulling the speaker jack...
The different parts of your headphone jack carry the left, right, and ground signals.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-procedure-to-connect-the-headphones-in-a-breadboard

Unfortunately, some cheaper jacks (or sockets) aren't made the the correct spec. Proper right/left sound requires the metal part of the jack carrying the left signal contact only the metal part of the socket carrying the left signal, right to right, and ground to ground. If the jack doesn't go in far enough or goes in too far (or the socket is too shallow/deep), ground ends up contacting the right and shorting it out. The left signal gets put on both right and left channels. Consequently, you hear the left channel on both sides.

So try pulling the speaker jack out slightly, or shoving it as far in as you can. If you've got a headphone extension cable or splitter, you can try using that - sometimes you get lucky and the manufacturing tolerance is off on both by just the right amount to cancel out this flaw.

Solution