No Longer have audio w/firestick

May 22, 2018
Samsung TV UN46FH6030F Samsung Blu-ray & surround sound model# HT-F4500, model code HT-F4500/ZA. No longer audio from firestick after software update on surround sound. Using optical out tv to receiver. Coaxial connection to tv getting audio thru surround speakers. Firestick no audio thru tv speakers either. Tried virtually every different setting in each device, as well as a different Firestick. Audio also works thru speakers on the Wii2. Hard reset on Blu-ray player, tried both HDMI inputs on tv. Optical definitely good due to coaxial connection gets sound, HDMI inputs good due too Wii working sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated,, thankyou in advance. I don't want to purchase surround w/HDMI input if not necessary. Also, my point is all was fine until this software update on surround sound, unable to apply update again to work any possible bugs.

May 22, 2018
Thankyou for responding. The update was for the Blueray / Surround sound . I purchased LinkS HDMI Audio Extractor Support Ultra HD | 4K X 2K With Toslink Optica /3.5MM/ RCA R/L Audio Output Converter (HDMI To HDMI /Audio 4K) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AC6ZNIA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf and after going through several selections I finally have audio. However its only coming through on 2.0 no 5.1 ( reference to selector switch on audio extractor). This setting providing sound to all 5 speakers, Again, I've gone through all different audio selections on the Stick, I suppose there is a compatibility issue with the audio format somewhere however that's a little beyond my knowledge. Thank you again for responding.

May 22, 2018
I used this extractor as an attempted solution to the no audio problem. The source is the Amazon Firestick in to the extractor, hdmi cable out to tv for video, working good. Optical cord out to blueray / surround sound for audio. Not getting audio on 5.1 selection on the extractor, only the 2.0 selection produces sound. Without extractor I had no audio at all. I'm exceptionally puzzled because is WAS working until this online update to the blueray/surround sound player. If anything it should make better, make no difference, but definitely not make set up worse!??

May 22, 2018
Thank you all for your assistance. I'm really happy I found this website community! Once I get a little familiar I will update some of my info and maybe able to help someone out. Thanks again, John