Solved! No mic for Bluetooth headset

Vaibhav555

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
Hi Guys,

My name's Vaibhav & I recently bought a new Dell Byte Corseca Bluetooth headset which microphone works fine in mobile.

However, when I connect it to my Acer laptop through Bluetooth only audio is enabled and I see no microphones under recordings tab in sound.

I Tried it keeping default still shows now devices of microphone under recording tab in sounds.

Anybody facing similar issues and know any solutions please let me know.. it would be highly appreciated :)

Regards,
Vaibhav

Solution
Bluetooth headsets can operate on two modes:
- headphones - high-quality stereo audio; mike disabled;
- headset - low-quality (phone) audio and mike

So, check to see how you can switch modes on your headset, it used to be somewhere in Bluetooth settings.
Bluetooth headsets can operate on two modes:
- headphones - high-quality stereo audio; mike disabled;
- headset - low-quality (phone) audio and mike

So, check to see how you can switch modes on your headset, it used to be somewhere in Bluetooth settings.

Solution

Vaibhav555

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Vaibhav555 : "Microphone not working of CORSECA DM5710BT STEREO BLUETOOTH HEADPHONE WITH MIC on Laptop"

Hi Guys,

I recently bought (yesterday) DELL BYTE CORSECA DM5710BT STEREO BLUETOOTH HEADPHONE WITH MIC which works fine with my mobile and Android devices.

Initially, it was not connecting to my Acer laptop as playback device and speakers but after some research on internet and a article here I finally managed to figure that out.

However, now I couldn't connect my mic to laptop and it shows no mic/microphones under sounds etc. Though, it works absolutely fine in my mobile and Android devices.

Could you please help me out how to figure a way to make mic too working for my headset in laptop.

It'll be highly appreciated.. :)

Regards,
Vaibhav Nadpurohit