NO mics work on my lap (not internal niether jack)

Bhaa__

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
hey, i have purchased 2 headsets, i had my mic not working after replacing my lap's Broken Screen. noticed when tried to chat with friends on Teamspeak 3

i have tested the headset on my phone and it works fine.

tried a TS3 Recording test and this is what i hear : http://vocaroo.com/i/s0U5HvvXWRym
(just some bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound)

please help!

EDIT: i have tried changing my sound drives, actually this proplem insists in each OS i have installed *7, 8.1 and 10*
32 and 64 bits. also i have 2 headsets non of em work on laptop but work on phone

Solution
Is this a mic that is plugged into a standard/normal jack and not a USB one?

If this is the case, it may well be the jack. Some laptop jacks do not like to work with any kind of microphone. Sadly some manufacturers are making this a standard feature. The jacks only work with headphones, not mics.

If this is the case here, your options are to get an adapter for the headphones you already have, so they can be using via USB, or get a set that is made specifically for USB.
Is this a mic that is plugged into a standard/normal jack and not a USB one?

If this is the case, it may well be the jack. Some laptop jacks do not like to work with any kind of microphone. Sadly some manufacturers are making this a standard feature. The jacks only work with headphones, not mics.

If this is the case here, your options are to get an adapter for the headphones you already have, so they can be using via USB, or get a set that is made specifically for USB.

Solution