No optical cable on TV and new soundbar ONLY has that option 2 connect. TV: Westinghouse DWM32H1Y1, Soundbar: Yamaha YAS-CU201

pmull61

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014
No optical cable on TV and new soundbar ONLY has that option 2 connect. TV: Westinghouse DWM32H1Y1, Soundbar: Yamaha YAS-CU201 helpppppp ty

getochkn

Splendid
SPDIF to Toslink decoder. You want a decoder vs a converter because most SPDIF optical outputs like from the TV are only going to be PCM audio and a lot of the coverters have issues with that, where a decoder can keep the 5.1 sound and pass it to the soundbar to process. A good one will probably run $50.

Have to decide if it's worth it or take it back if you can and get a soundbar that has hdmi inputs.

getochkn

Splendid
SPDIF to Toslink decoder. You want a decoder vs a converter because most SPDIF optical outputs like from the TV are only going to be PCM audio and a lot of the coverters have issues with that, where a decoder can keep the 5.1 sound and pass it to the soundbar to process. A good one will probably run $50.

Have to decide if it's worth it or take it back if you can and get a soundbar that has hdmi inputs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 5
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
U Streaming Video & TVs 6
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question WHATS BETTER HDMI OR OPTICAL CABLE FOR MY SAMSUNG SMART TV AND LG HOME THEATER
Question Can't control the volume of my Samsung HW-J355 soundbar with my LG magic remote anymore
Solved! How can I connect my Comcast cable to my Sony sound bar if I don't have HDMI or optical
Solved! My 42LB55 has no headphone port and my HT-E330K samsung home theater no optical cable port. How do i get the tv sound through
Solved! I want to get sound from 43nu7100 to my hts5530 Philips with optical cable
No rear sound 2018 Sony bravia to Bose lifestyle 12. Using optical cable adapter from orca jack
No sound for Netflix through optical cable.
locating optical cable port on polaroid 04 13 12
no optical cable on tv plus sound bar has no usb
5.1 surround with Fire stick and optical cable
What do I need to connect a bose solo 5 soundbar to a samsung series 6 HDTV? Where is the optical cable output on the Samsung
How do I connect my old LG 47LG20 TV to my old Auvio soundbar with digital optical cable?
I have a Samsung soundbar with wireless back speakers which is connected to my TV via optical cable ,so will I get surround so
Samsung Soundbar Has Optical Cable and RCA HDTV Does Not. What are my options?
I have an insignia soundbar and I have connected with the optical cord from the cable box to the soundbar and I have no sound
I hooked up the optical from the TV to soundbar, no sound. Hooked it up from the cable box to the soundbar, sound. But when go
Can I connect soundbar to digital optical on Infinity cable box instead of to TV
How do i connect a soundbar to a Samsung LED TV using optical cable
hook up Samsung BluRay player to LG Soundbar with Optical cable
I have a Vizio soundbar and want to hook up to TV, DVR and blu ray player, (optical cable for soundbar does not fit tv)

ASK THE COMMUNITY