No Realtek Audio Manager

ty55

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
Hello,

I recently built a gaming computer with an Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 motherboard in an Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower case. I do not have audio. I'm pretty sure this is because I do not have Realtek Audio Manager. When I refer to my motherboard's manual it says that the manager comes with the HD audio drivers on the disc. After downloading the drivers from the disc and other websites (all which should include the manager), but I just cannot seem to get Realtek Audio manager on my computer.

Solution

At this point then, I would have to assume the on-board sound chip is defective. Or never worked.* Your choices would be to RMA the MB back to the retailer if still time, contact Asus for a repair RMA, or purchase an add-in sound card to take the place of the the integrated one.

*one thing more you could try is disconnecting the FP header and then trying the rear jacks just in case the FP connection was miss-wired and causing problems.

ty55

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
I have tried plugging in various headphones and mics into the audio jacks but nothing works. They don't even show up in device manager. No prompts saying that I have plugged anything either.

clutchc

Distinguished

Page 3-25 of your MB manual is where you will find the location. It's called Azalia. Be sure you are installing either 32 bit or 64 bit as per your OS.

ty55

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014

Are you referring to driver installation? I have 64 bit, and have only downloaded 64 bit drivers. I also checked out Azalia, and my audio is enabled

clutchc

Distinguished
Until you can verify that the rear jacks don't work with a pair of real speakers (not a high impedence mic/headphones), it will be hard to troubleshoot completely. Do you have access to a pair of PC speakers.
Also check that the FP headphone/mic jacks are wired properly to the MB's Audio header and that the AC'97 plug wasn't used by accident.

ty55

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
I just tried plugging in some PC speakers to the rear jacks, and have no audio coming through them. I have double checked and resitted my connection to the AAFP plug with my HD Audio cable which is pre-installed into my case.

clutchc

Distinguished

At this point then, I would have to assume the on-board sound chip is defective. Or never worked.* Your choices would be to RMA the MB back to the retailer if still time, contact Asus for a repair RMA, or purchase an add-in sound card to take the place of the the integrated one.

*one thing more you could try is disconnecting the FP header and then trying the rear jacks just in case the FP connection was miss-wired and causing problems.

Solution