Not open for further replies.

nickisnoob

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Hello,

I am currently on the Alienware M18xR2.

Windows 8.1

980M SLI - On latest J95 modded drivers and Prema's mod

I just bought a new monitor, the acer x34.

It works fine on HDMI, but the displayport does not work.

I am using a Mini DP to DP cable. Whenever i plug it in, my laptop screen goes black and freezes. I cannot move my mouse pointer.

The X34 flashes as if it is receiving a signal, then goes "no signal".

I do not have any integrated graphics drivers installed. Could that be the problem? (My laptop keyboard is broken and i cannot switch to integrated graphics to install it)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, have been trying to fix this for a few hours.

Update: When i rollback my display drivers, there is no longer a freeze. In the NVIDIA control panel it detects the X34 and i can enable GSYNC, change resolution, Unfortunately, there is still no signal on the monitor.

I will try with another cable

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
there should be a function it looks like two screens mine f7 it gives you choices to expand duplicate or disable it by default it disabled change it to duplicate to display what on your screen

nickisnoob

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

Is it like the Windows+P button?

Or an alienware OSD kind of thing?

nickisnoob

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
UPDATE: DP still not working, have managed to install the intel drivers on integrated graphics.

Intel shows the X34 is connected, but the monitor still says no signal.

On NVIDIA, it's the same thing blackscreen and freeze while on latest drivers.
On the DELL recommended NVIDIA driver, it detects the screen, and i can enable GSYNC, but no signal comes through.

I have a new cable on the way. Any ideas what the problem might be?
I am on a modded vBIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.