no sound from my Samsung TV to Yamaha HTR-4064

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblack95

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
When using the smart apps on my Samsung UN55J6200 TV, i get no sound through my Yamaha HTR-4064 receiver. Cable box, blu-ray player, etc all work perfectly. Apparently, this TV model does not have ARC, which confuses me since it was produced in 2015. Am I missing something here? Hoping I won't have to spend more money on an Apple TV or some other device just so my receiver will produce sound while using those apps...

Solution
If TV broadcast works but Apps don't (comes out on built-in speakers only) then that's bad news, I have read several posts folks saying the same thing.

Another reason, if you had come here before purchasing TV, resident members here recommend that you buy a "dumb" TV and buy the smarts as ad-ons.
If TV broadcast works but Apps don't (comes out on built-in speakers only) then that's bad news, I have read several posts folks saying the same thing.

Another reason, if you had come here before purchasing TV, resident members here recommend that you buy a "dumb" TV and buy the smarts as ad-ons.

Solution

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Looking at the manual you have to connect the optical cable from the TV to the "AV4(TV)" optical input on the receiver
To hear sound from your TV you must select "AV4" as the sound source on the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.