No sound on Asus laptop unless physical preasure is put on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahnazri

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
My ASUS X555L laptop is having this problem where I get no sound and sometimes my laptop boots without the sound card being on unless I apply constant physical pressure on the top left of the track pad, the top right of the trackpad, or the alt key. i'm assuming something must be loose inside but I have already opened it up an tightened all the screws to no avail.

Does anyone know whats going on or what has broken loose?

Solution

What exactly do you mean by this?

I'm not sure what to make of you having to apply pressure. Have you traced the cable(s) from the speaker(s) to the circuit board? Could be a loose connection or a short you're bridging when pushing down.

What exactly do you mean by this?

I'm not sure what to make of you having to apply pressure. Have you traced the cable(s) from the speaker(s) to the circuit board? Could be a loose connection or a short you're bridging when pushing down.

Solution

yeahnazri

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

The laptop boots up with an a red cross on the volume control on the taskbar. If I click it, it starts the trouble shoot process. If I were to then put my laptop to sleep then wake it up while applying pressure, the laptop has the sound card on but I need to continue applying pressure to keep the sound going.

Oh and I almost forgot, there has been no sound on my laptops internal speakers, no matter what I do, the only sound that comes out is through the headphone jack

Jul 4, 2018

Same situation here. I have a X555QG, and after moving to a different country, not only the sound went off, but recently I've noticed that if I apply some slight pressure on the are (basically, just resting my hand there), the notification LEDs turned off randomly; and even more recently, sometimes windows suddenly threw BSOD, and when I tried to turn back on the PC it didn't find the HDD, which was pretty scary. With some pressure, it'd work again.

So, I just opened the pc to check the connections. Turns out, the PCBs in charge of the sound, the card reader, the right side USB and the HDD are two small PCBs that get connected to the main board trough a very simple pressure plug and some screws. Long story short, the screws were loose. Screwed them tight, closed it, and now most of my problems are solved. At least, the HDD is detected fine, the LEDS are not going randomly off. Sound is not working yet though :( gotta look a little bit more into it

Hope this works for you guys. Normally things become loose after some long travels or by continuously moving the laptop (e.g from home to work everyday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS