No sound using HDMI cable

scottmatzka

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
I've got a projector connected with a Sony STR-K7000 receiver using an HDMI cable. The receiver then connects with my ATT cable box and an LG Blu-Ray/DVD/Smart player - both with HDMI cables. There is no sound coming out of either device, but there is the appropriate picture. However, my ATT cable box has a digital optical plug in and when I connect that to the receiver, voila! Unfortunately I don't have any other inputs/outputs on the Blu-Ray/DVD player.

Any thoughts?
Thank you so much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Not_techy Audio 1
M Audio 1
guizmopeg Audio 2
Amyo Audio 3
Tg123456$&@ Audio 3
C Audio 1
J Audio 4
V Audio 1
J Audio 4
M Audio 1
K Audio 2
A Audio 1
J Audio 1
K Audio 2
B Audio 1
C Audio 6
A Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 6
Q Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Vizio sound bar stopped recognizing digital optic cable
Question Creative T15 Wireless playing sound only from left speaker when using aux
Question Can't properly transfer TV sound to sound system
Question What sound bar will connect with a coaxial input cable
Question Can't get sound from my tv to speaker system via 3.5mm audio cable.
When I connect my Humax to my Yamaha surround sound via a HDMI cable I have sound but the picture drops out after 5seconds.
Solved! digital cable won't stick in the Vizo sound bar
Solved! Bad sound signal to JBL LSR305p's
Solved! Can't get sound from TV speakers and headphones simultaneously
Solved! I plugged in my sound at via digital optical cable and when I select digital on the sound at it makes a loud noise
Solved! Sonos Soundbar + Westinghouse TV - No ARC/Optical Audio Options
Solved! Blackweb sound bar to a sceptre TV
Solved! How can I play sound at the same both from my laptop and my extended monitor I connected with HDMI cable?
Solved! Connecting sound bar to the tv through optical cable
Have a Bluetooth receiver from a small 2 speaker sound bar want to wire it to aux cable to connect phone Bluetooth to non Blue
Solved! Connecting old sony sound system to new tv with Android tv box
Solved! I have a magnavox led tv and magnavox dvd. My channels come through hdmi1 cable I am getting no sound from dvd. It’s playing
how to connect a tv without opt cable port as well as no hdmi output to a android box and sound bar
Solved! What proper cables needed to connect sub woofer to sound card?
Question sony dvdhome theatre system Davdx375 no digital optical , sony tv kdl60ex645 no arce hooked to cable box no sound through spea

ASK THE COMMUNITY