No trimming on Cybershot WX350?

NessieNessie

Estimable
May 20, 2014
Is there really no in-camera trimming? I have to upload the photo to a computer to trim? Seems incredible. Also, the Sony software won't install without XP Service Pack 3.

Solution
A quick look at the user manual does not show any way of trimming the pictures in camera. Can you retrieve the pictures if you connect the camera via the USB cable? If yes, you could try a free photo editing program like GIMP to crop/trim the photos.
A quick look at the user manual does not show any way of trimming the pictures in camera. Can you retrieve the pictures if you connect the camera via the USB cable? If yes, you could try a free photo editing program like GIMP to crop/trim the photos.

Solution

NessieNessie

Estimable
May 20, 2014

Thanks, Ken, that's helpful. My OS is too old for the Sony photo editing program, but I'll see if it lets me install GIMP. I've uploaded some photos by USB, so that should be the answer.

My old Pentax let you crop photos on the camera. I'm a bit disappointed about this limitation of the Cybershot, as I like to crop while I'm on the run.

I appreciate your kindness in taking the time to help out.