Nokia 3395 Doesn't Have Call Waiting

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

My Cingular service has call waiting, and when I get a second call
during a call, the phone indicates that a call is waiting. However, when
I press "Options", no "Swap" function is available. Why not? The
Cingular No-Service reps say the phone is defective, but both of my
3395s are the same.
 

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004
669
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

mcp6453 wrote:

> My Cingular service has call waiting, and when I get a second call
> during a call, the phone indicates that a call is waiting. However, when
> I press "Options", no "Swap" function is available. Why not? The
> Cingular No-Service reps say the phone is defective, but both of my
> 3395s are the same.

Just mash on the send button to place the existing call on hold and pick
up the second call. Mash again and the two calls revert.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
"All that we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of
what we know." -- Richard Wilbur
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Jer wrote:
>
> mcp6453 wrote:
>
> > My Cingular service has call waiting, and when I get a second call
> > during a call, the phone indicates that a call is waiting. However, when
> > I press "Options", no "Swap" function is available. Why not? The
> > Cingular No-Service reps say the phone is defective, but both of my
> > 3395s are the same.
>
> Just mash on the send button to place the existing call on hold and pick
> up the second call. Mash again and the two calls revert.

No, that's not correct, but thanks anyway.
 

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004
669
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

mcp6453 wrote:
> Jer wrote:
>
>>mcp6453 wrote:
>>
>>
>>>My Cingular service has call waiting, and when I get a second call
>>>during a call, the phone indicates that a call is waiting. However, when
>>>I press "Options", no "Swap" function is available. Why not? The
>>>Cingular No-Service reps say the phone is defective, but both of my
>>>3395s are the same.
>>
>>Just mash on the send button to place the existing call on hold and pick
>>up the second call. Mash again and the two calls revert.
>
>
> No, that's not correct, but thanks anyway.


Well, that's bizarre, it worked on mine just moments ago. <shrug>

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
"All that we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of
what we know." -- Richard Wilbur
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>> Just mash on the send button to place the existing call on hold and pick
>> up the second call. Mash again and the two calls revert.
>
>No, that's not correct, but thanks anyway.
>

That's how it works on all of my Cingular phones (mine, my wife's and my
son's). And on my Sprint phones (3 of them) and my AT&T phones (2 of them).

Why would you think that your phone is different? Something isn't working on
your account or you have a defective phone or something.

Hitting the send/talk button is how it has worked since cellular companies
started offering call waiting.

--
John S.
e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>>No, that's not correct, but thanks anyway.
>>

Oh yeah, I have 3 3595's and there are 3 3560's in my family - they are all
like this, click "Send" once to pick up a call waiting.

--
John S.
e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

John S. wrote:
>
> >> Just mash on the send button to place the existing call on hold and pick
> >> up the second call. Mash again and the two calls revert.
> >
> >No, that's not correct, but thanks anyway.
> >
>
> That's how it works on all of my Cingular phones (mine, my wife's and my
> son's). And on my Sprint phones (3 of them) and my AT&T phones (2 of them).
>
> Why would you think that your phone is different? Something isn't working on
> your account or you have a defective phone or something.
>
> Hitting the send/talk button is how it has worked since cellular companies
> started offering call waiting.

Going by the manual, the sequence is to press the "Options" key when the
second call comes in, then select "Swap". That puts the first call on
hold and answers the second call. I took the phone to the Cingular
store, and he could not make it work, either. Menu 5-6-5 didn't work,
either. It was late in the day, and I was the only person in the store
for a half hour. He tried my SIM card in a new phone, and it worked
correctly. Then the store started filling up, the clerk was by himself,
and it was 15 minutes to quitting time. So he gave me my old phone AND
the new phone, and I left with a properly functioning telephone.

My guess is that the firmware on my 3395 is hosed and needs to be
re-flashed. Does anybody know how to get the firmware updated?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY