Nokia Announces New Version of Symbian ''Anna''

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyline100

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]It looks like Nokia copied the UI straight out of Android. So I guess Anna must be a fusion of Symbian and Android?[/citation]

they copied the UI of Android?

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
This "Anna" better known as PR2.0 has been long waited update to N8 and its already running in my phone as beta. It should be out pretty soon.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]It looks like Nokia copied the UI straight out of Android. So I guess Anna must be a fusion of Symbian and Android?[/citation]

That UI has been in development for ages and it was supposed to go to first Meego device a year ago. That device is now cancelled but the UI survived. I played around with that proto device. I can tell you that Nokia is not copying any crappy Android designs. Apple is the only one worth copying anything UI related.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The last of Symbian... But it doesn't matter if its been in development for 5 years or whatever... its only just coming out now? From what was just shown on that clip... its like Nokia discovered a whole new way to use a phone!!

Oh yeah, Android and iOS have been doing these same operations for years.

In the end... MS may simply buy out Nokia to be the only WinMo7 platform.

G

Looks like Android copied from iOS and Symbian copied from iOS and Android...
Anyway, those big corporation went on the top of tops for years, than they fell a sleep.
Apple came to ring a bell. And now, what they do? They copy.
I had a nokia N79 with symbian... F..k terrible user interface, terrible interaction, slow as a turtle... Everything about was terrible.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]pippo the nippo[/nom]Looks like Android copied from iOS and Symbian copied from iOS and Android...Anyway, those big corporation went on the top of tops for years, than they fell a sleep.Apple came to ring a bell. And now, what they do? They copy.I had a nokia N79 with symbian... F..k terrible user interface, terrible interaction, slow as a turtle... Everything about was terrible.[/citation]

Yeah, but could you hold it in standby for 2 weeks? Did you get upto a week battery life if make a moderate amount of phone calls per day?
None of these super-duper phones can do it :D

Yeah, these phones by Nokia suck but they were phones and you could actually use them to talk.

mkrijt

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Yeah, but could you hold it in standby for 2 weeks? Did you get upto a week battery life if make a moderate amount of phone calls per day?None of these super-duper phones can do it Yeah, these phones by Nokia suck but they were phones and you could actually use them to talk.[/citation]
Very true. I love battery life (has to be in the middle of speed and battery ie. N8). I hate those 1.something Ghz phones, dual core phones etc. Some of them don't even last a day with normal operation :(

senorcrazy11

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
My N8 last 36 hours tops and thats not with much use. Having used Symbian for 6 months is clunky garbage. Every function hangs and multitasking on it equals lag. All these new features in Anna are standard for other OSs. Thank god Nokia cares though... I'm this has only been coming soon since December and there is still ZERO release date. All I know is the reply I got from customer service thanks for your patience you'll get the Anna update once the X7 and E6 get released and that's some major bs. The softwares ready but you can't have it... all that translates to is we have your so shut up.

senorcrazy11

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
My N8 last 36 hours tops and thats not with much use. Having used Symbian for 6 months is clunky garbage. Every function hangs and multitasking on it equals lag. All these new features in Anna are standard for other OSs. Thank god Nokia cares though... I'm this has only been coming soon since December and there is still ZERO release date. All I know is the reply I got from customer service thanks for your patience you'll get the Anna update once the X7 and E6 get released and that's some major bs. The softwares ready but you can't have it... all that translates to is we have your so shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.