Nokia Finally Jumps on Dual-SIM Bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

6 weeks of battery life? That's the reason to get one of those right there.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
You'd get the C1-00 if you're a cheap bastard. Personally, never paid for more than $20 for a cellphone (never used a payment plan). Don't really use it, so I can't justify putting a lot of money into it.

triplebug

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Until now I'm still using Nokia 1100, never buy a colour screen phone and was planned to buy a smartphone, but as of now I guess I'm waiting this to come :)

Better to my need.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Considering the insignificant price difference Nokia really have made the C1-00 look a cheap piece of rubbish, while the C2-00 actually looks a rather nice phone.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Maybe I am missing the point here, but why would you want a dual SIM phone? Is there a benefit to it or is it just to say you have it?

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
[citation][nom]slickyfats[/nom]Maybe I am missing the point here, but why would you want a dual SIM phone? Is there a benefit to it or is it just to say you have it?[/citation]

I have the same question, why would anyone want 2 sim card?

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]slickyfats[/nom]Maybe I am missing the point here, but why would you want a dual SIM phone? Is there a benefit to it or is it just to say you have it?[/citation]

Two distinct phone lines. One for personal use and one for business maybe. I know a few people with two cell phones on them at all times, bet they could use the dual sim phone.

_SirO_

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
[citation][nom]Trueno07[/nom]I have the same question, why would anyone want 2 sim card?[/citation]

Maybe because some of us have sims from different carriers and would like to not having to carry around 2 cell phones?

tsk_cable

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Here in Brazil it will be extreme usefull you can get the benefit of two telecom opperators on each sim, most people here use pre-paid plan ...

tsk_cable

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009

Here in Brazil it will be extreme usefull you can get the benefit of two telecom operators, most people here use pre-paid plan ... and the value for calls between the same operators are cheaper and you can earn bonus

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
If you have a Work paid cell phone...and you want a private account and don't want to carry two devices

2ms

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
I once had a little Nokia with the flashlight feature. It turned out to be my favorite damn feature on the thing. Seemed like any time I was out at night someone was wanting to borrow my flashlight for whatever... reading menu, signing receipt, picking correct key from chain, etc. Loved that phone.

I miss the days of little Nokias with their incredible voice quality, small size, and extreme durability. Felt like real "guys" phone if know what I mean. Not all fussy like the giant supercomputers that telephone seems to have become today. I can't even buy a phone that's remotely as good at just talking as basic Nokias like this used to be (I live in America where everyone obsessed with giant smartphones and can't find good little telephone phone anymore).

klarkmdb

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Nice, a dual-sim phone is very useful in countries like ours (phils) where there are multiple telecom operators and you have friends using different sims not the same with yours. At least it would be cheaper now for text messaging. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.