Nokia Phone Gets 1.6 GHz Intel CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrussell

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
And whats the battery run time with this?? Kripes! Just give me a smart phone that runs for a couple days without having to recharge. Not a phone that eats my battery faster.

sdedalus83

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]So, are they going to throw Android on that phone so all that power won't go to waste?Maybe not, but maybe... maybe...[/citation]
Why the hell would they spend years on MeeGo just to turn around and use a crippled OS?

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]So, are they going to throw Android on that phone so all that power won't go to waste?Maybe not, but maybe... maybe...[/citation]

I don't think they will ever do that... Shame....
Symbian needs to die a quick death. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy nokia over any other phone.

castle songbird

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have to say this is one of the less ambiguous and more "reputable" leakes that have surfaced in a while. pretty much all the relevant specs were leaked, along what ever the hell else the bug report revealed.

jimsocks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
symbian3's not that bad. its just new. they're still working out the bugs. suppose to get a big update this month. at least it has gpu acceleration.

hellspawncy

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Its the successor of N900, that runs Maemo ( debian optimized for mobiles). But this one most probably will run Meego (join effort from moblin and maemo community).

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Symbian is not MeeGo. The two are fundamentally different, so it's unfair to judge this phone based on previous Symbian phones (btw, Symbian was brilliant in its early years and still is great - the competition has just moved forward too fast for the relatively underfunded Symbian foundation to keep pace).

This looks intresting. It'll be one of the first true MeeGo smartphones and one of the first Intel powered smartphones. Both projects are a huge gamble, but I'm curious to see how it turns out.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
The MeeGo is an OS for tablets, netbooks, televisions, video phones, and smartphones. Isn't it rather presumptuous to assume this is the specs of a smartphone over one of the other MeeGo devices?

I see bt, wlan, gps, nfc, 3 camers, HMDI, phisical keyboard, acceleromater,SDHC support, 1gbit network card, USB 1.1 and USB 2 plus other goddies. Sounds like too much hardware to fit into a phone, I'm thinking tablet.

From log~
[ 3.491424] [drm:i915_init] *ERROR* drm/i915 can't work without intel_agp module!
[ 6.834155] e1000: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 7.3.21-k6-NAPI

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
hmm no camera specs ? if it got the same ass my n8 its epic and if it ceeps the battery alive for 10hours its a lovely product. btw update for symbian nice been needing one of those.

orbitron

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I won't buy Nokia anymore. Unless they go Android. I had an N90 and N93 and I really do like the phones, it's just the OS that is stopping me from buying their products now.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
whats with the comemnts on battery life... have any of you guys even read about moorsetown? ... i bet i gets battery lifee comprable or superior to a high end driod phone like an evo

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]NightLight[/nom]I don't think they will ever do that... Shame....Symbian needs to die a quick death. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy nokia over any other phone.[/citation]

Do you guys read the articles? It's a phone designed for MeeGO, which is Nokia and Intel's new linux based OS for mobile devices. It is not based on Symbian.

I'm personally waiting for these new devices to come out before deciding if I want to jump on the Android bandwagon. My N95 is getting long in the tooth now.

G

hmm could you throw windows on this phone? Its the Moorestown CPU in there. Isnt that x86? So you could put windows on here and it would probably run pretty well. Seems to be about the same specs as most netbooks. 1.6ghz dual core, integrated graphics of some type. 1gb RAM and so on. That would be pretty sweet to have windows 7 on this thing. If you could only get it on there...

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
All the comments about Nokia, Symbian and battery consumption just goes to show how retard people really are. Meego is NOT Symbian... it is a follow on from the Maemo OS found on the N900 which received huge praise. Comments about battery consumption are dumb as we don't know yet and as many others have illuded too, other smart phones don't exactly have extensive battery life either.

Stop hating for hating sake.

rickrussell

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
SCHIZOFROG:
"other smart phones don't exactly have extensive battery life either."

Well, I think the battery life is a fair statement. The average user of a smartphone is using the phone to talk, and surf the web, and navigation. Notice I said "Average" smartphone user. If the manufacturers would spend more time on making phones last longer, than trying to one-up each other in processing power and other features the average smartphone user will not normally use in day to day use, I think allot of us average smartphone users would be much happier.

G

This is the Intel Medfield Platform - Single chip 32nm SoC. The chip supports Android & Meego. The article is in reference to the bug list of the Nokia smartphone w/Meego. Due to Nokia's strategic tie-up with Intel... Nokia gets 1st dibs on launching the Medfield HW platform (Atom) with Meego on it. But rest assured that Intel will flog Medfield w/Android ported onto it.....LG will launch that platform on 2012.

Oh...those wondering about power consumption... 6 hrs talk time on the Infineon 3G chip (6260 - BTW, that is now formally an Intel chip). It also has a 5MP still camera, video camera, miniUSB & microSD ports.

Is this a potential iphone killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.