Nokia X7-00 Leaks Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

most nokia symbian phones are excellent for the first few days of use. After which it slows down to the point where it crashes.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
What a waste. So they put in a better screen at the cost of the better camera which was one of the N8's main selling points and then put in in a new case but keep the rest of the hardware the same...

The biggest issue with this is the processor, Symbian^3 may actually be quite fast and stable, but we'll never know when it is forced to trog along at 750Mhz with the competition now pushing 1.2Ghz.

medicineman

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I have recently bought a Nokia N97 mini. Almost all of my previous phones were Nokia.
Big disappointment. Slow, buggy, poor battery life, poor touchscreen.
In my opinion Nokia is doomed if they keep Symbian.
My next phone will Samsung or HTC with Android OS.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Nokia plz dump Symbian..

Nokia has always been ahead of everybody else. They had WIFI, GPS, High Res Dig Cam, High Res camcorder, 3G and etc before any of the current producers...

G

i think instead of constantly upgrading the hardware capabilities, nokia need to concentrate more on vastly improving the software in order to compete in such a competitive market

js1882

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]addictxd[/nom]i think instead of constantly upgrading the hardware capabilities, nokia need to concentrate more on vastly improving the software in order to compete in such a competitive market[/citation]

They are already doing so. In case you haven't heard, they teamed up with Intel (and as of a few weeks ago AMD) to create a linux based OS called Meego.

G

They are not a big enough power to push their own operating system. They should switch to Android or WP7.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Symbian is dead. All developers jumped ship after it was announced that the N8 was suppose to be symbian's last outing. TBH The N8 is a fantastic phone and very well priced but its the Symbian OS thats letting it down. I would be surprised if this was released using Symbian. Hopefully it will have win7 or Android (tbh like the market needs another android device) or maybe the new palm Os just to be different.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Nokia has nothing to worry about if delivering more phones like N8, E7, C7 and now X7. They are all technically overall better phones than competition at sweet price points. Symbian^3 needs still a bit tweaking but its quite good. Symbian^4 will improve it even further. Worst competitor is Android phones although HTC makes so ugly and cheap looking phones with lousy cameras that it's weird that some people actually buy them. Only because of Android 2.1 and 2.2. Watch out for upcoming E7. It's very nice.

Sardaukarz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Looks more responsive than my crappy N97.
What a joke this phone was.
NEVER AGAIN buying Nokia Symbian 12 that might be or whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.