Non-oem Acer Laptop battery not recognized

baker72

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
I have recently replaced the battery on my Acer Aspire 5742z laptop because the OEM one was going bad (30-40min life at 100%).
I replaced the battery with a non-oem replacement battery, and for the first couple of days it went well. The battery was charging just fine, had a comparable lifespan to my original battery, no troubling signs. However, a couple of days ago it just stopped detecting it and I don't know why. It doesn't charge or anything, it's basically like there's no laptop battery at all.

The only thing that I've noticed may be the voltage, the oem was a 11.1V 4400mAh, and the replacement was a 10.8V | 5200mAh.
And just to get it out of the way, I tested the laptop with the power cord only and it still worked, so no problems with the power cord.

Battery I purchased http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-6-Cell-Laptop-Battery-for-Acer-Aspire-5741G-5742G-5742ZG-5742Z-7750-AS10D51-/310707106752?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item48579633c0

Solution
1. Try to use other power adapter to change. Tried this - made no difference
2. Update the bios, input your laptop sn series number at Dell Offical website, get the right version. Tried this , made no difference
3. Set the hardware automatic identification port. Tried this made no difference
4. Set the power management of your laptop: Property -> Screen Saver -> power -> Power scheme -> Portable / Laptop -> please cancel about low battery alarm and serious shortage of battery alarm when use the battery. done this - makes no difference - it is not a problem with the low battery alarm, but rather that the battery will no longer hold any charge - it is stuck on 9% charge rate and no matter how long you leave it plugged in to charge, it...

RockAdela

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
1. Try to use other power adapter to change. Tried this - made no difference
2. Update the bios, input your laptop sn series number at Dell Offical website, get the right version. Tried this , made no difference
3. Set the hardware automatic identification port. Tried this made no difference
4. Set the power management of your laptop: Property -> Screen Saver -> power -> Power scheme -> Portable / Laptop -> please cancel about low battery alarm and serious shortage of battery alarm when use the battery. done this - makes no difference - it is not a problem with the low battery alarm, but rather that the battery will no longer hold any charge - it is stuck on 9% charge rate and no matter how long you leave it plugged in to charge, it never, ever charges - so always now stays at 9% or drops
5. Take out the battery from laptop, and put it back again, repeat several times. Make sure that it isn't a poor contact problem between battery and laptop. Done this makes no difference
6. When equipment for the first time to recharge the battery, the instability of the voltage and current may cause the battery charge to 50% (sometimes more, sometimes less), and equipment stop charging the battery.the laptop was used under stable voltage and current conditions; the first time it was used it was charged up to 100% and it worked no problem; it was soon after this that it stopped charging and would not hold the charge anymore.

More information from www.batteriescenter.com.au

Solution

TRENDING THREADS