Non working cable

Mike_402

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
I have a working hdmi cable plugged into my workig tv box.When I disconnect it and plug it into my T95z it does not work. Yet when I plug the hdmi cable that came with it it works. What gives? Mike

Solution
The standards for HDMI devices and cables require them all to meet that standard. Since most cables and devices are not certified by the HDMI standards group it's very very common and annoying for different combinations of source, cable, and display to work or not depending on how each part of the chain deviates from the standard. Even a different HDMI input on the display may work or not with certain combinations.
I had a Panasonic TV connected with a Monster HDMI cable that would not work on HDMI 1 but would on HDMI 2. If I changed the HDMI cable it would work in both inputs. A royal pain.

Mike_402

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mike_402 : "Non working cable"

HDMI cable works with tv box. When I plug in myT95z does not work yet when I use HDMI cable that came with it it works. Why?

The standards for HDMI devices and cables require them all to meet that standard. Since most cables and devices are not certified by the HDMI standards group it's very very common and annoying for different combinations of source, cable, and display to work or not depending on how each part of the chain deviates from the standard. Even a different HDMI input on the display may work or not with certain combinations.
I had a Panasonic TV connected with a Monster HDMI cable that would not work on HDMI 1 but would on HDMI 2. If I changed the HDMI cable it would work in both inputs. A royal pain.

Solution