Nook HD+ connects to router but will not get a web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavieronassis

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I'm running the Ovation build from cyanogen mod (XDA developers) which has been working fine for over a year. Recently after recharging after the battery ran out of juice, it refuses to get a web page on any of three browsers using my home network. I've taken the Nook to other places , airports, restaurants, etc. and had no problem connecting and accessing the Internet but at home, no joy.
The router is a Linksys WRT 54G running Tomato firmware.
I've tried setting a static IP within my range of LAN addresses and get the same result.
I've tried forgetting the home connection but it does not disappear.
I see it authenticating and tells me it is saved but trying to get a web page the browsers tell me it is not connected and I need to enable Wi Fi - which is already on and supposedly connected.
Looking at devices on the Tomato config page, the MAC address of the Nook does not show.
This happened suddenly after more than a year of working flawlessly. There were no changes made in settings and no apps were added or updated.
I have been trying to resolve this for a few weeks, and have read numerous threads on similar problems but most were slightly different circumstances and all were different devices. Several suggestions did not work, re-booting the tablet, re-booting the router/modem, etc.
I haven't got a clue what to try next. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks for reading.

I would try the following (if you haven't tried it).

First clear out all the info for the WiFi off your tablet. Then clear out the cache and history off the tablet as well. NOTE: Make sure you have saved any URLs, Passwords, Log In information, etc. before you do this.

Next restart the tablet, but do not do anything else with it.

Now restart the router/modem.

Once the router/modem is completely reloaded and all other devices can access it, then re-add the router/modems information back to the tablet. It should connect.

xavieronassis

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Initially it looked as though the Nook was connecting to the router but it isn't. I tried to ping the router and I get "no route to host."
I've posted the question on the XDA forum but no one's been able to advise me so far.
There seems to be no easy way to remove wi fi information as with a Linux distro unless I manually edit some files but I'm not familiar enough with the Android file system to figure it out.
Thanks for your input, it sounds like a good idea but short of reconfiguring the router so the Nook's connection wouldn't exist, I'm unsure how to accomplish it.
Though I'd rather avoid it, it might be easier to just try a newer release from the ROMs that are available and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.