normal for a laptop graphics card to make some noise?

kakram628

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
my laptop is lenevo y700 it makes some strange noise its not hearable when u r normally sitting but when u put your ear on the laptop u can hear it makes noises like its touching something? maybe? please help im worried about it :/

hang-the-9

Titan

No way to know if there is an issue without opening it and seeing if there is something on the fan or not. If you need to be really close to the system to hear it is probably not an issue.

hang-the-9

Titan
Not sure what a noise would be when something touches something, I can touch my desk and it makes no noise. Without hearing it or an exact description no way to know. Could be a fan spinning. Have a PC tech in your area check it or someone you know that knows about computers.

kakram628

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

its the sound when a fan spins and touches something. Sorry i cannot describe it very well, but i hope you can get the idea.

hang-the-9

Titan

No way to know if there is an issue without opening it and seeing if there is something on the fan or not. If you need to be really close to the system to hear it is probably not an issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jmechav Laptop Tech Support 0
VJK Laptop Tech Support 1
SweetFountain178 Laptop Tech Support 1
milkwiway Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 0
jubitu8 Laptop Tech Support 0
V Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
alphaa10 Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 4