North Korea Hacked Sony? Don’t Believe It, Experts Say

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Goat

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
Just more crap to take our attention away from innocent people getting slaughtered overseas.
Write some articles on the stuff the media is ignoring, not what the media wants you to "worry" about.

Maxwell Williams

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Absolutely agree, this was not looking like a N. Korean attack right from the start, and had all the makings of an inside job, when Sony's systems had slowed and issues arose, Sony immeadiately blamed 'incompetent' IT employees for the network problems, so their had to be hostilities with staff growing before this 'hacking' claim arose. And it became more ridiclous when the 'threatening' letter looked more like an amatuer attempt to appear 'lost in translation', as if hackers had converted their native Korean language to English using Google translator online. This highly-sophisticated hacker group doesn't even know basic english?

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
most likely corporate espionage from an american corporation wanting to weaken sony's market share. some american corporations seem to think there allowed to do, say anything since citizens united.

i think the adage for this argument for North Korean involvement is a case of "he who smelt it, dealt it"

Heenan73

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
Much more likely that the SOUTH Korean 'Pro North' party did it; we know South Korea is a digitally-savvy nation; we know that North Korea is a sea of mud, ignorance and starvation at the hands of a candy-addicted sloth.

chrisban35

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Not true, not true at all... The routing fingerprints alone are very tell tale. Anyone who is close to this issue knows that the government's division that is hot on this trail is absolutely sure of what they're doing.. After all, this is the same group that helped leak a virus into Iran's nuclear facility's computers.

Many people will have their "opinions" about such things, but the evidence in this case is very much like a fingerprint, and all roads DO lead to Rome(North Korea).

Heenan73

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014

Except that you don't have any evidence. None. You're just assuming the gummint's guess is right.

chrisban35

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

LOL, you wouldn't know what I'm basing my statement off of. You have no clue who I am, what I do, or why I am making that statement. Anyone who has the slightest bit of knowledge about computer forensics knows that the government entity tasked with this project did their due diligence and did it well. Computer fingerprints are as accurate if not more so than DNA left at a crime scene. If you know what you're looking for and what that data means.

The government made speculative gestures at first based on small clues that hinted it was North Korea. Now, they have the solid facts proving it was them. The government is SMART in not revealing its secrets about how it can be sure that it was North Korea.

What I would suggest, so that in the near future your statements here don't look foolish, is give it time.. If you think America is just going to make those accusations boldly without evidence or proof, you're wrong.. It just means there's other trails that need secured first.. But I assure you, they got their evidence!

chrisban35

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Really? So the North Korean Government don't know anything about technology, or computers, etc?? Except they have a special division of the government which filters out the entire outside world. Makes sure that all the communication both in and out of North Korea is filtered. This isn't their first rodeo either... Maybe instead of just making comments, you might want to research your subject of topic as they certainly have capabilities as is stated in this article by the New York Post - http://nypost.com/2014/12/18/an-inside-look-at-north-koreas-cyberwar-capabilities/

I was stationed in South Korea in the Army and I can tell you, they're as advanced as any other country within their government infrastructure. Its the people themselves who suffer, not the government!

Heenan73

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
[/quotemsg] You have no clue who I am, what I do, or why I am making that statement.[/quotemsg]

Trust me, that lack of clue makes me very happy,
But I do know that you have no evidence. You are clinging to your faith, which is sweet.
But it isn't evidence, is it?
Unsubstantiated claims =/= evidence. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.